BoydiesBelly

Next Scotland Manager

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Said tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't say no to Pulis.

Not many, do lest they want nutted in the showers (phrasing)

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the only thing worse than Malky Mackay or Scott Gemmill getting the job?

Them both getting it :lol:

Fair fucks to the SFA if they manage a level of shiteness I had no idea was possible.

It really is something, isn't it?  It's like they've decided to see what sort of banter they can get away with since the first time Strachan should have probably been punted.  You could argue it's gone back further, I suppose.

17 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Some mentalist that will set fire to your house or eat your kids if pull out of their squad.

I really struggle to think of anyone fit for the job,  that would actually want it and do a better job than our last couple of managers.  Names like Steve Clark are great but how realistic are the chances of getting him.

If only that lad Welsh hadn’t been shot!

Chic Charnley?

1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Steve Claridge 

Uncapped and only 53, I like your thinking.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Said tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't say no to Pulis.

In a similar vein, I'm ashamed to say it but I like Neil Warnock and think he'd do well.

A cheaper version of Pulis but if you look at him club-to-club, he's actually got a really good record. His curse seems to be that he always takes over teams who just don't give him the finance at top flight level (apart from QPR who gave him money like a week before the window). He's also got a really good big game record (and maybe just getting them back into the fight with a couple of huge wins recently).

We could maybe see if there is a loophole and could somehow play Sol Bamba to solve our defensive woes.

Of course he should've been sacked. He had two full campaign failures.  As for a great double act. You are surely taking the piss.

You don’t sack a manager on the way up. We were unbeaten in 2017 and in good form. If we were going to sack the manager ( which I don’t think we should of) do it after Euro 16 qualifiers

8 hours ago, FullTimePint said:

I think we are in a relatively similar position (squad wise) to when the Berti Vogts experiment went wrong. McLeish came in, when a lot of the stalwarts from the Strachan reign were fading away, and the younger guys coming through had not really been tested or bled into the international picture.

Mcleish had a tough job to find a way to gel and integrate a squad quickly with new players and a system that worked. Not an excuse for him, these things are the job of the manager - but i think anyone and everyone but the SFA could see that he would make a james hunt of this. 

The problem we have now tho, is that we are mid qualifying campaign. If you bring in someone who is unfamiliar with the players, then we go back to square one, of trying and testing systems and players in competitive games. Which is why i think we need to go 'local'. Similar to when the Vogts campaign ended, we turned to the Smith/Burns/McCoist to get the best out of players they were already familiar with.

The candidates for me 

For me from the 'damaged goods' pile: Paul Lambert, Craig Levein,

From the 'Holy shit the SFA are listening' pile: Davie Moyes, Steve Clarke 

From the 'Am i awake' pile: Wenger, Mourinho, 

And the 'Dont even joke about it' pile: Malky McKay, John Hughes, 

Don't agree, any good foreign manager who isn't an idiot woukd get to grips with our squad within a fortnight.

If it is a scot Clarke is the pick of the bunch, reasonable record with English teams, worked wonders with killie and has worked under top managers at big clubs. What he's done in ayrshire proves he's a guy who has players running through brick walls.

What will we get the cheapest out of work member of the old boys club they can find.

39 minutes ago, harry94 said:

In a similar vein, I'm ashamed to say it but I like Neil Warnock and think he'd do well.

A cheaper version of Pulis but if you look at him club-to-club, he's actually got a really good record. His curse seems to be that he always takes over teams who just don't give him the finance at top flight level (apart from QPR who gave him money like a week before the window). He's also got a really good big game record (and maybe just getting them back into the fight with a couple of huge wins recently).

We could maybe see if there is a loophole and could somehow play Sol Bamba to solve our defensive woes.

Neil Warnock is no better than Mackay.

Some his quotes are a literal bawhair away from full on racism. 

I think I'd have a rage aneurysm if Warnock was appointed.

Apt, since he appears to have then every single game.

The SFA should be looking for a manager who's a good organiser, who's respected in the game, and is a good man-manager.    And that man is Steve Clarke.     

He transformed Kilmarnock without a budget to spend, has made them organised, and has proven himself able to get results against teams of higher stature.     

And the appointment needs to be done ASAP - not after we limp to 1 point from the Cyprus/Belgium double header.   

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

The Times, The Telegraph and The Scotsman are reporting Scot Gemmill is currently considered favourite. He has supposedly "had a successful stint with the U21s and is highly regarded among the SFA hierarchy".

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scot-gemmill-a-gamble-worth-taking-for-scotland-27d6727x8

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/strong-favourite-emerges-for-scotland-job-and-its-not-malky-mackay-or-gordon-strachan-1-4911534

There is also a suggestion he and Mackay may jointly be given temporary charge for the June games as an 'interim measure'.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/malky-mackay-scot-gemmill-could-16152892

If fucking Scott Gemmill and Malkkky McKay are the level the muppets at the SFA are scrabbling around at, then Scotland will be shite for the foreseeable future.

The players aren’t the best. The SFA need to give them some sort of chance by appointing a decent management team. One that can at least enthuse them enough to turn up and play.

That suggestion about picking the team by committee again is a better shout than Gemmill and Malky.

Edited by Scary Bear

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Peat? What role do you think he has now?

Ex president smart arse. He is as much to blame as petrie,mccrae and all the rest

5 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

Ex president smart arse. He is as much to blame as petrie,mccrae and all the rest

I'm fully aware of George's "powers", but he left in 2011. Continuing to blame him is like politicians who start every diatribe with "under the last Government".

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Derek Ferguson has just suggested John Robertson.

f**k sake.

Left field I think he said.  Not my definition of left field. 

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm fully aware of George's "powers", but he left in 2011. Continuing to blame him is like politicians who start every diatribe with "under the last Government".

Aye whatever, your far too clever to be oan here

1 hour ago, skippy2015 said:

You don’t sack a manager on the way up. We were unbeaten in 2017 and in good form. If we were going to sack the manager ( which I don’t think we should of) do it after Euro 16 qualifiers

He was in charge for 2 and half campaigns. Long enough to get us sorted enough to get to a finals. We were in prime position in the Euros to get play off position. But he shat it in Dublin in a game we should have won. And his comments about we should get Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the top league when they were in the Championship was scandalous. And the n his comment about us being generically too wee was ridiculous. He is a bomb scare.