Next Scotland Manager

This is shite tbf.  Just cause someone sounds like they know what they're talking about on TV doesn't make them management material.  Look at Gary Neville.  I would prefer someone who has actually managed a football team before.  The guy at St Johnstone, McInness, Moyes, McLaren, Billic anybody.  Let Fletcher manage a club or three first before you would consider him for Scotland.  Lothar Matthaus, anybody.  Fletcher is a ridiculous suggestion, we have no idea whether he is a valid candidate or not as he has never managed anybody.  Neil Lennon will be out of a job soon, very divisive but a good candidate.

Tbf, i did say my first pick would be Steve Clarke - someone who has managed before and someone u failed to mention.
Neil Lennon - wow
Steve McLaren - wow
Moyes doesnt want it
Tommy Wright - meh
McInnes - maybe

4 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Tbf, i did say my first pick would be Steve Clarke - someone who has managed before and someone u failed to mention.
Neil Lennon - wow
Steve McLaren - wow
Moyes doesnt want it
Tommy Wright - meh
McInnes - maybe

Moyes would definitely take it.  McLaren is an excellent fit- great coach, positive, progressive, hugely experienced, vast European experience, exactly the right type of coach for the players we have.  Steve Clarke doesn't want it, but he would also be a great fit.

21 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I think he would have the instant respect of the players, so most of them would start turning up again.
He is passionate about the national team, so dont think he would jump at the first club that came calling.
Hes not tarnished by any association with either of the old firm - a positive in getting the whole nation onside
International football is about inspiring the guys who turn up - u dont have much time to coach them, so that is less important
I see him replicating what Southgate has managed to do for the English
He has Fergie on speed dial for advice
Bring in an experienced assistant to help with the coaching side
Who would u suggest Magyar?

In Scotland I wouldn't be averse to Tommy Wright, Derek McInnes or Neil Lennon.Outside Scotland. Difficult. I have always favoured Lars Lagerbeck, but at 70 that ship has probably sailed.

Moyes would definitely take it.  McLaren is an excellent fit- great coach, positive, progressive, hugely experienced, vast European experience, exactly the right type of coach for the players we have.  Steve Clarke doesn't want it, but he would also be a great fit.

Mclaren not for me mate. Isnt he a wee bit of a joke figure down south after England and his recent managerial failures?
We can agree on Clarke and Moyes tho - would take either of them

9 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Mclaren not for me mate. Isnt he a wee bit of a joke figure down south after England and his recent managerial failures?
We can agree on Clarke and Moyes tho - would take either of them

I would hope that the opinion of our nearest neighbours wouldn't influence any decision on our new manager. 

5 minutes ago, velo army said:

I would hope that the opinion of our nearest neighbours wouldn't influence any decision on our new manager. 

It did when we appointed Berti. "England have got a foreigner [Sven] and they're doing alright - let's get one too"

The same "thought process" is influencing the pro-Gemmill chat now.

Edited by morrison1982

4 minutes ago, morrison1982 said:

It did when we appointed Berti. "England have got a foreigner [Sven] and they're doing alright - let's get one too"

The same "thought process" is influencing the pro-Gemmill chat now.

I forgot for a second who is running our national game.

Carry on,

Problem with Klinsmann was he spent all his time trying to find germans who qualified to play for the US, we have enough englishmen with scottish grannies who are a) pish and b) couldnt care less about playing for scotland.

Also not a fan of following england because Southgate has done well, they did the same with Shteve McLaren and he was shite.

honestly think we need someone with little experience of what Scottish football ( and possibly Uk football ) is like. Least then we dont have a manager who spends time trying to pander to either half of the frothing OF fans, or grown up in this bizarre world where we have been brainwashed into thinking the english lower leagues are great because they have money, so lets trawl leagues 1 and 2 for players.

just because vogts was shite doesnt mean a foreign manager wouldnt work

Some mentalist that will set fire to your house or eat your kids if pull out of their squad.

I really struggle to think of anyone fit for the job,  that would actually want it and do a better job than our last couple of managers.  Names like Steve Clark are great but how realistic are the chances of getting him.