Next Scotland Manager

3 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Your counting 2 seasons not in the Championship you daft p***k.

Your beyond belief son. :lol: Got to be at the wind up

I never mentioned it I was mentioning his time at the club

But my points still stands he will out score him if he stays fit

What a season he has had and the wingers supplying him who could all play in league above

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes I'd say he's worthy of a call up. He's in excellent form and where he had played in the past shouldn't really come in to the debate. It's all about how he's playing right now. 

It's a difficult one as should we take it that Reading is miles above Hibs so he can't do it for Reading but can score goals at a lower level for Hibs, so using that form line, then anyone playing at English Championship level should be ahead of McNulty in the queue ? and as for Shankland he can score for Ayr but can't do it elsewhere and Ayr are a far lower level than Hibs so he and anyone at his level shouldn't get a look in either ?

Personally as an Ayr fan I wouldn't swap Shankland for McNulty if given the choice, but I suppose it shows the current dearth of talent that we're even having this debate.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's a difficult one as should we take it that Reading is miles above Hibs so he can't do it for Reading but can score goals at a lower level for Hibs, so using that form line, then anyone playing at English Championship level should be ahead of McNulty in the queue ? and as for Shankland he can score for Ayr but can't do it elsewhere and Ayr are a far lower level than Hibs so he and anyone at his level shouldn't get a look in either ?

Personally as an Ayr fan I wouldn't swap Shankland for McNulty if given the choice, but I suppose it shows the current dearth of talent that we're even having this debate.

Difference is he won't be at Ayr next year most likely be at Sunderland were he will get his chance

And that would gave him a chance to fit in with squad and get accustomed to being involved again

And he would least worked the keeper at the header wee McNulty mist that most good level junior or away players might even have scored

3 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Difference is he won't be at Ayr next year most likely be at Sunderland were he will get his chance

And that would gave him a chance to fit in with squad and get accustomed to being involved again

And he would least worked the keeper at the header wee McNulty mist that most good level junior or away players might even have scored

There's no doubt that if Shankland ends up at Sunderland, Swansea or a similar club / level and he performs, then he'll be a stick on for the Scotland team.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

There's no doubt that if Shankland ends up at Sunderland, Swansea or a similar club / level and he performs, then he'll be a stick on for the Scotland team.

Would love to know what Dutch teams are watching him to

If it's any of the big boys it has to be a no brainer still young enough to learn get better with top coaches around him

Would love to know what Dutch teams are watching him to
If it's any of the big boys it has to be a no brainer still young enough to learn get better with top coaches around him

It won’t be though.

It’ll likely have been an Second division club like the Belgian one was.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Image result for herve renard carrying player

Image result for herve renard carrying player

Cannae really imagine him carrying any of our absolute munters from the pitch.  Maybe Stuart Armstrong.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Russell Martin, if he makes a comeback, was fairly dreamy.  

What better incentive for Russell Martin to make a comeback than this?

"Come and play for Scotland - you too can get carried from the pitch by this bronzed adonis"

I bet Ritchie, Snodders, McArthur et al would all be like rats up a drainpipe

ETA: and they'd no doubt resist any Hampden refurbishment in order to preserve the extra distance from the pitch to the dugout (to maximise the carrying distance)

Edited by Gordopolis

What I just said

You asked what Dutch teams were after him. I told you it’s likely a second division team to which you brought up Scott Crabbe who never played in either Belgium or Holland.

Did you mean Scott Booth?