Next Scotland Manager

3 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Agreed. 

The Northern Ireland squad is absolute guff.. There are Accrington Stanley, Partick Thistle and 19 year olds that don't even have a Wikipedia page in their squad ffs. Other than Cathcart and Jonny Evans there isn't a single one of them that would get in our squad never mind our team.

Imagine actually thinking Lafferty is a better player than Fletcher, Griffiths or even Naismith. Mental

Nobody has said he is better.But he would got capped especially when he was banging goals in for Rangers on first spell and when he was playing abroad

Anybody suggesting otherwise really needs to give there skull and massive wobble

Heard Moyes interviewed on the radio the other day and he didn't come across well, namechecking Rangers and Celtic only and generally sounding meh. 

That's not to say he wouldn't be successful. 

I think there is something honest and unassuming about Steve Clarke that players like and respond to. 

I think Jack Ross and Alec O'Neill are worth consideration as much, if not more than Moyes. 

Agreed. 

The Northern Ireland squad is absolute guff.. There are Accrington Stanley, Partick Thistle and 19 year olds that don't even have a Wikipedia page in their squad ffs. Other than Cathcart and Jonny Evans there isn't a single one of them that would get in our squad never mind our team.

Imagine actually thinking Lafferty is a better player than Fletcher, Griffiths or even Naismith. Mental

Lafferty - age 31 - 20 international goals (admittedly from 70 appearances)

Griffiths - age 28 - 4 international goals from 19 appearances

Fletcher - age 31 - 10 international goals from 31 appearances

Naismith - age 32 - 9 international goals from 49 appearances.

Very similar to our great options. We need a forward who can do what he did between 2016 and 2018; score the goals regularly during a campaign to get us qualifying.

I don't think Clark is likeable at all  but he's doing a good job just now.....doesn't always mean they will in their next job. I'll back whoever it is (unless it's Malky) but I'd like us cm to cast the net wide. There will been loads that want the job from all over so no need to got the easy route. 

13 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Heard Moyes interviewed on the radio the other day and he didn't come across well, namechecking Rangers and Celtic only and generally sounding meh. 

That's not to say he wouldn't be successful. 

I think there is something honest and unassuming about Steve Clarke that players like and respond to. 

I think Jack Ross and Alec O'Neill are worth consideration as much, if not more than Moyes. 

Who is Alec O'Neill?

2 minutes ago, swing_kinker said:

I don't think Clark is likeable at all  but he's doing a good job just now.....doesn't always mean they will in their next job. I'll back whoever it is (unless it's Malky) but I'd like us cm to cast the net wide. There will been loads that want the job from all over so no need to got the easy route. 

Clarke is just another Burley waiting to happen

Another doar Ayrshireman who gets good results early doors ends up in Scotland job completely our there depth

Been a reason why Clarke has been a number 2 for most his career

1 minute ago, Estragon is a fud said:

We have them.

The idea that Griffiths,  with a career GPG ratio of more than double Lafferty's, isn't capable of matching his returns at international level is nonsense. All it takes is a manager who knows what he's doing.

Shankland has Celtic Rangers Sunderland Swansea Hull in for him and few Dutch clubs

Genuinly believe were ever he goes he will get goals hopefully for the Mackhams cos they will play him

And then there is Harper signing for Getafe fingers crossed he gets in there first team from the off

Could be our future but we need a boss brave enough to play two strikers

11 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Shankland has Celtic Rangers Sunderland Swansea Hull in for him and few Dutch clubs

Genuinly believe were ever he goes he will get goals hopefully for the Mackhams cos they will play him

And then there is Harper signing for Getafe fingers crossed he gets in there first team from the off

There's absolutely no chance Shankland signs for Rangers or Celtic. 

6 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

From someone who watches Shankland each week, I can tell you that he's miles above Championship level and has all the attributes to make it wherever he ends up. He's deceptively quick, extremely powerful, great at holding the ball up and also has an excellent first touch. He can play deep, however his biggest attribute is his finishing and playing for a team who play football he'll score barrel loads. He does sometimes appear as if he's carrying too much weight however it's just his natural build, anyway from a Scotland perspective I hope he continues to develop and improve once he leaves us as the end of the season.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

There's absolutely no chance Shankland signs for Rangers or Celtic. 

Really pretty sure he is holding out for a move to Rangers

Sounded that way on off the ball,and he never ruled out Celtic either

Guys my mate and cousins neighbour and stays round corner from my sister my family know them all quite well

19 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
3 hours ago, forameus said:
Ooft...make Hampden sexy again with that absolute ride :wub:

Pics or gtf

Image result for herve renard carrying

OOft.

There's also him going onto the field to physically carry off one his players in his arms like a bronzed God.  

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

From someone who watches Shankland each week, I can tell you that he's miles above Championship level and has all the attributes to make it wherever he ends up. He's deceptively quick, extremely powerful, great at holding the ball up and also has an excellent first touch. He can play deep, however his biggest attribute is his finishing and playing for a team who play football he'll score barrel loads. He does sometimes appear as if he's carrying too much weight however it's just his natural build, anyway from a Scotland perspective I hope he continues to develop and improve once he leaves us as the end of the season.

Agreed he would get goals for auld firm but he should not go to Rangers cos it's only one they play up front

Unless there are assurances Morelos is leaving

19 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

6 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Really pretty sure he is holding out for a move to Rangers

Sounded that way on off the ball,and he never ruled out Celtic either

Guys my mate and cousins neighbour and stays round corner from my sister my family know them all quite well

Is TAMB down or something?