Next Scotland Manager

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

The SFA needs an overhaul starting right at the top. McLeish should never have been appointed so those who gave him the job need to answer.

Some of the players need a boot up the arse too - whinging about astro turf and pulling out due to a mouth ulcer FFS.

The new Chief Exec Maxwell didn't want McLeish.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

The SFA needs an overhaul starting right at the top. McLeish should never have been appointed so those who gave him the job need to answer.

Some of the players need a boot up the arse too - whinging about astro turf and pulling out due to a mouth ulcer FFS.

Robertson offered to pay his own flights and was told no

What exactly could McLeish have done? I’m not saying the tactics were great but that was a back four who had never played together. Very few caps between them. We got caught offside twice and that was because of the inexperience and unfamiliarity.

Once again his players didn’t back him and pulled out because of the pitch. It doesn’t matter who we get in we are terrible. The manager isn’t the problem, we don’t have the players.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What exactly could McLeish have done? I’m not saying the tactics were great but that was a back four who had never played together. Very few caps between them. We got caught offside twice and that was because of the inexperience and unfamiliarity.

Once again his players didn’t back him and pulled out because of the pitch. It doesn’t matter who we get in we are terrible. The manager isn’t the problem, we don’t have the players.

Northern Ireland don’t have the players , they’ve still got to a major. We need guy who ca organise us , we are all over the shop

Sam Allardyce is the kind of manager who can squeeze results out of mediocre teams. But we cant afford him, the fans would not accept him. 

Michael ONeill already said no once but we could always offer him some real money. 

Steve Clarke seems to have a career on the up. Scotland is the last job he should be looking at. 

Sam Allardyce is the kind of manager who can squeeze results out of mediocre teams. But we cant afford him, the fans would not accept him. 
Michael ONeill already said no once but we could always offer him some real money. 
Steve Clarke seems to have a career on the up. Scotland is the last job he should be looking at. 

I’d be all over Sam Allardyce. Unfortunately, Hamish Husband holds a lot of sway and it’s never going to happen.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's both. I've been saying for years on here that our current crop of players is our worst in history, despite people telling me we have good players. No-one has yet to give me a time period when we had worse ones. Even in the much ridiculed Berti days in the competitive games we usually had a solid/experienced enough defence, guys like Ferguson, Lambert and a young Fletcher in midfield, and Miller and McFadden. All guys who would be nailed on starters in this team.

We have 2 excellent left-backs and a bunch of young okay defenders, but completely untried at a decent level. A Championship/relegation Premier League standard midfield, and no strikers whatsoever who are even remotely competent enough. We used to say we are spoiled for choice in goalkeepers, we don't even have that anymore. We have Gordon who is fine, and then about 5-6  guys who people seem to think are quite good, but are not the standard you'd need to qualify.

All that said, they aren't that bad that they should be losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan. McLeish is done, should never have been  appointed as virtually everyone pointed out. Why is McFadden there? A guy with no experience other than a few months coaching at Motherwell. The managers and coaches should be the best quality manager and coaches available. Not an old pal and a couple of his mates. Get them out and get a proper management team in. We then just have to hope for some players to appear/develop.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
2 hours ago, EFFC1938 said:
Gordon Strachan should never have been punted in the first place! Mcleish has failed miserably in management since he won titles in a two horse race at the late Rangers FC! What a shambles

Strachan admitted he didn't foresee Kazakhstan playing outside of the boot crossfield passes etc. Let's not kid ourselves that he was anywhere near perfect.

Strachan was far from perfect but Mcleish is a clown

I'm not sure who I want as manager, but I'd like us to try to get Darren Fletcher on board in some capacity. He has a great attitude towards the national team, talks a lot of sense and has an excellent standing in the game. 

Could potentially give us the platform to bring in a foreign manager if we had him on board. 

Edited by SpoonTon