Next Scotland Manager

38 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

At present we are miles behind Iceland and behind Northern Ireland. We may have a few good players coming through but in terms of recent results we aren’t close.

Scottish football needs to wake up and realise that the future isn’t in changing the manager it’s in youth investment and providing the best facilities. That’s the long term solution imo.

That doesn’t mean I don’t want Clark to do well, I like him and I hope he keeps speaking his mind.

Absolute shite.  They would both love to.have the players Scotland have. We're miles ahead of them.  It's not even up.for debate.

17 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Is there wilful ignorance of the points being made about what Scotland COULD be capable of? Or are people genuinely this stupid?

Apparently.  What can you say, some people are idiots.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

From an Ayr perspective we had both Michael Rose and Scott McKenna on loan from Aberdeen and all joking aside Rose looked the far superior player.

McKenna has obviously improved a great deal since he left us, however if Rose has a similar rate of improvement at Coventry next season then I can see him get a big move and could also feature for the national team, given what McKenna's done.

I can see Rose playing in front of the defence, not convinced he's got the stature to play centre half down south.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

At present we are miles behind Iceland and behind Northern Ireland. We may have a few good players coming through but in terms of recent results we aren’t close.

Scottish football needs to wake up and realise that the future isn’t in changing the manager it’s in youth investment and providing the best facilities. That’s the long term solution imo.

That doesn’t mean I don’t want Clark to do well, I like him and I hope he keeps speaking his mind.

So we should have just stuck with McLeish? 

It's about both, no point in bringing thru youngsters with a clown in charge of the team eh.

Also N Ireland don't have better facilities than us. The Iceland model is something we should be looking at for sure though.  The sfa aren't interested or competent enough to try to change for the better tho.

Aye hopefully he starts binning players that patently can't be arsed.

And publicly stating “why” he’s binning them!!!

Northern ireland are absolutely
Not miles ahead of us. They qualified for the last tournament by virtue of having a shite group and a semi competent manager. Scotland have finally got one so remains to be seen whether we can make that next step

It's important that people realise we are getting Game of Thrones. When Game of Thrones the last season (a great series, but not the best) came out people were expecting the best (say narcos or breaking bad). Narcos or breaking bad would be getting Pochentino and people seem to be expecting a Breaking Bad last series but the reason Game of Thrones the last series is getting hammered is because people were expecting a Pochetino series not a Clark one.  If people just took it as it was then they'd be like yeah great series (just like Clark), but if people expect too much then they'll be disappointed and end up signing petitions and that. Just think about it boys

It's important that people realise we are getting Game of Thrones. When Game of Thrones the last season (a great series, but not the best) came out people were expecting the best (say narcos or breaking bad). Narcos or breaking bad would be getting Pochentino and people seem to be expecting a Breaking Bad last series but the reason Game of Thrones the last series is getting hammered is because people were expecting a Pochetino series not a Clark one.  If people just took it as it was then they'd be like yeah great series (just like Clark), but if people expect too much then they'll be disappointed and end up signing petitions and that. Just think about it boys
Oleksandr, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Shut the f**k up.   

Everyone and his dug would agree with you we need to invest heavily in youth development but that doesn't exclude us from appointing a competent manager.    We're about a solid week's coaching and a coherent team talk behind Iceland and Northern Oireland.  
Absolute delusion about Iceland. NI I agree but still they did it and we didnt.
Results do the talking.
Clarke will get some better results but wont do as well as McLeish mk1 did.
We are trying to put a solid roof on a house with no foundations and hoping that everything will be ok. Its madness and it is the reason why we haven't qualified for a tournament since 98.
How many managers do we need to change? 10,20,30?
You get out what you put in and we haven't put anything into facilities or youth football in comparison with other nations.
Theres no way Clarke will qualify through that group and Finland will be very tough.
In a years time he will be an outspoken supposedly useless manager wait and see.

Clutching at straws not like looking up Icelands friendly results?
Quarter finals of a major tournament. We are nowhere near that level and yet they hardly have any professional players. The Scottish game is totally overrated and deluded to how we should be doing. What happens if we get scudded by Cyprus?