Next Scotland Manager

Amazed Clarke has gone for this.
Best choice out of all the candidates. Watch us make a late run and miss out on goal difference in true Scottish style.
We'll scoosh the play offs then. [emoji41]

McLeish to Clarke is almost the fucking Oxford definition of 'polar opposite'.  Honest to god, I don't think, in Scottish manager terms, you could get two different people for the role.

Edit - Yep, annoying Rangers fans makes it even better.  Hopefully he avoids picking any of their Scottish players for squads.  Indeed, the only Scottish player at Rangers who should be in the squad plays for Canada.

Edited by TheScarf

24 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

If our aim is to be a team that qualifies for tournaments then McKenna certainly wouldn’t get a game for most of those teams. From the European teams that qualified for the World Cup he wouldn’t get a game for any of them barring maybe Iceland at a push 

Yes he would.  You're full of shit.

Easily the best decision out of the SFA-mandated shortlist, so in that sense, a decent decision for once.

However, we've been here before.  Strachan was almost universally praised when he came in, and that turned out pretty beige in the end.  I had my reservations about him, but ended up probably more positive than most on him by the end.  Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case here.  The next two games should tell us a lot about him, but the games that really matter are probably 10 months away now.

Good luck, you've got quite a job on.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

You are coming across like a moron here. So let’s take Iceland out as I did and was “full of shit”. The other teams which qualified for the last tournament were: 

France, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland and Poland. 

Which of these teams is McKenna getting in to? I’m an aberdeen fan to clarify. This conversation is so ludicrous I can’t believe it’s taking place 

1 hour ago, ScottishZizou said:

You are coming across like a moron here. So let’s take Iceland out as I did and was “full of shit”. The other teams which qualified for the last tournament were: 

France, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Croatia, Serbia, Switzerland and Poland. 

Which of these teams is McKenna getting in to? I’m an aberdeen fan to clarify. This conversation is so ludicrous I can’t believe it’s taking place 

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Fucking hell, lads. Today is a day to enjoy some all-too-rare great news in connection with the national team.

Edited by Andre Bo

9 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I said most teams in Europe dickwad, you then moved the goalposts to teams that qualified in 2018.  Look at 2016, there's about seven he'd walk.straight into.  He will be an EPL first choice in 18 months told and is a ten million player.

53 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Brilliant appointment. If he can’t do it then possibly we have to look at wider reasons as to why we are so inept instead of continuously blaming one manager to the next and accept there is possibly a greater reason. 

I think of late there’s been a combination of bad managers and just not the players there. There’s only going to be so much Clarke can do when you have to start guys like McKenna and Bates in internationals. 

So what is your solution? Who do we play in the centre of defence?

9 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I said most teams in Europe dickwad, you then moved the goalposts to teams that qualified in 2018.  Look at 2016, there's about seven he'd walk.straight into.  He will be an EPL first choice in 18 months told and is a ten million player.

I am very sceptical he would have walked in to 7 of those teams. Just because you don’t know the players who play for these countries doesn’t mean they aren’t players playing at a level higher than 4th in the Scottish Premiership 

1 minute ago, TrebleTwenty said:

So what is your solution? Who do we play in the centre of defence?

I never said I had a solution and that’s entirely my point. I am very excited about the appointment of Steve Clarke but if that’s the standard of players he has to start then it will be tough for him to get them in to a major tournament. But if there’s any man for the job I think it’s him and I’m desperately hopeful that he can 

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I am very sceptical he would have walked in to 7 of those teams. Just because you don’t know the players who play for these countries doesn’t mean they aren’t players playing at a level higher than 4th in the Scottish Premiership 

McKenna is much better than that and will not be there for long.  He's the best CB in Scotland.  Look at the teams in 2016, he's easily good enough.  Aston villa are going to be an EPL team this time next week he's already turned them.down.

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I never said I had a solution and that’s entirely my point. I am very excited about the appointment of Steve Clarke but if that’s the standard of players he has to start then it will be tough for him to get them in to a major tournament. But if there’s any man for the job I think it’s him and I’m desperately hopeful that he can 

That's the point, to.get to.a euros it won't be particularly tough as its quite easy and the players are good enough.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

McKenna is much better than that and will not be there for long.  He's the best CB in Scotland.  Look at the teams in 2016, he's easily good enough.  Aston villa are going to be an EPL team this time next week he's already turned them.down.

From an Ayr perspective we had both Michael Rose and Scott McKenna on loan from Aberdeen and all joking aside Rose looked the far superior player.

McKenna has obviously improved a great deal since he left us, however if Rose has a similar rate of improvement at Coventry next season then I can see him get a big move and could also feature for the national team, given what McKenna's done.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

From an Ayr perspective we had both Michael Rose and Scott McKenna on loan from Aberdeen and all joking aside Rose looked the far superior player.

McKenna has obviously improved a great deal since he left us, however if Rose has a similar rate of improvement at Coventry next season then I can see him get a big move and could also feature for the national team, given what McKenna's done.

He'll need to progress a lot but let's hope so.  Dom Hyam is also doing quite well at Coventry.

14 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I was expecting you to come away with a Mulgrew type solution, that probably would of been better that have no idea what so ever. So if you don't have a solution, it is probably best you don't slag off what we currently have.