Next Scotland Manager

Great news. I'm now considering going to the Cyprus game. No chance of that happening had McLeish still been in charge or someone like Moyes had been appointed.
I was going anyway as I bought the season ticket against my better judgment.

Not sure if I'm being overly optimistic by thinking this news could put thousands on the gate?

I was going anyway as I bought the season ticket against my better judgment.

Not sure if I'm being overly optimistic by thinking this news could put thousands on the gate?
He put thousands on Kilmarnock's gate so maybe. I know it's only one game but this could help lift some of the malaise among Scotland fans(myself included)

Absolutely gutted that Clarke has left, but I'm sure he'll do a great job. I just can't wait until he calls up Brophy, Taylor, Mackenzie and Findlay for the matches next month. 

Brilliant appointment. If he can’t do it then possibly we have to look at wider reasons as to why we are so inept instead of continuously blaming one manager to the next and accept there is possibly a greater reason. 

I think of late there’s been a combination of bad managers and just not the players there. There’s only going to be so much Clarke can do when you have to start guys like McKenna and Bates in internationals. 

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Brilliant appointment. If he can’t do it then possibly we have to look at wider reasons as to why we are so inept instead of continuously blaming one manager to the next and accept there is possibly a greater reason. 

I think of late there’s been a combination of bad managers and just not the players there. There’s only going to be so much Clarke can do when you have to start guys like McKenna and Bates in internationals. 

McKenna is excellent and would get a game for most teams in Europe.

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

McKenna is excellent and would get a game for most teams in Europe.

If our aim is to be a team that qualifies for tournaments then McKenna certainly wouldn’t get a game for most of those teams. From the European teams that qualified for the World Cup he wouldn’t get a game for any of them barring maybe Iceland at a push 

Amazed Clarke has gone for this.

Best choice out of all the candidates. Watch us make a late run and miss out on goal difference in true Scottish style.

Great appointment, will be a lot of positivity after the pile of shite we've had to suffer.

Will be good to have a manager who will get the players wanting to play, swiftly deal with those who only want to play in the big games and call out the bullshit from the media about the squad being pish so failure is to be expected.

Edited by meanmistermustard

Delighted with it. Given the age of our main prospects and first team there is definitely something to be built and I fully believe Clarke’s the guy for it. 

Bonus points for it making a large section of the Rangers support seething as well. Well done the SFA.