Next Scotland Manager

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

So Clarke and McInnes have essentially just swapped odds? I get the impression that no one knows anything.

Strange. It's almost as if the bookies odds are changing based on the amount of money being placed on each outcome, rather than the actual probability of either happening.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
2 hours ago, Fungi said:
Frightening if McInnes is on 15k a week. Garbage

Bit harsh. Has kept his team riding almost as high as realistically possible domestically for 5 years. I think the national job might prove beyond his abilities though.

Agreed that he's done a great job at Aberdeen, but the idea of appointing him as Scotland manager seems Levein-esque. There are definitely better Scottish candidates than McInnes.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely this week we'll hear something?

Clarke is up in front of the SFA either Wednesday or Thursday for his comments on Steven McLean, the outcome of that might give an indication.......

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Clarke is up in front of the SFA either Wednesday or Thursday for his comments on Steven McLean, the outcome of that might give an indication.......

f**k it, just mix the two.  Get the hearing out of the way, then the interviewers come in after.  Job's a good 'un.

Although in all seriousness I can definitely see the SFA giving him a ridiculously harsh punishment, getting him riled up, then the same panel turning around all smiles to give him his interview.  Then scratch their heads when he tells them to gtf.

Edited by forameus

SFA: "Mr Clarke, we find you guilty of the charges and fine you £10k. In addition you are banned from the dugout/technical area for 1 calendar year."

Clarke: "..."

SFA: "Also, would you like the Scotland job?"

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

£780k a year! 

I too doubt this story.

Just googling to see and it seems Sunderland were offering him just south of 1 million in yearly wages. Apparently he was on 300k a year at Aberdeen prior to that, so perhaps he received a wage hike to help him turn Sunderland down.

As i say though it was on Sportsound. Very awkwardly, Richard Gordon (I think) described McInnes salary as a 'widely-known secret'. and that he was paid way more than any player there Someone else said flatly 'it's £15k a week'. Miller and Stewart or English just said 'yup'. Bit more awkward silence then they moved on.

On 10/05/2019 at 12:43, Honest_Ally said:

Hopefully Slaven Bilic, more likely Scot Gemmill.

He's allegedly thrown his hat into the ring for the Celtic job. Apparently wants a club job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48272070

On 12/05/2019 at 14:33, SlipperyP said:

Just been watching the old firm games and a nasty thought flashed past.  Maybe the SFA are waiting on Celtic decision on Lennon.  

I now can't get that thought out my head.  FFS

The SFA waiting on developments at Celtic and swapping the notion of getting Bilic with settling for Lennon would be a bit of a come-down, to say the least. I definitely wouldn't put it past the mugs in charge though.

Edited by IggyStooge

On 14/05/2019 at 08:39, forameus said:

f**k it, just mix the two.  Get the hearing out of the way, then the interviewers come in after.  Job's a good 'un.

Although in all seriousness I can definitely see the SFA giving him a ridiculously harsh punishment, getting him riled up, then the same panel turning around all smiles to give him his interview.  Then scratch their heads when he tells them to gtf.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

SFA: "Mr Clarke, we find you guilty of the charges and fine you £10k. In addition you are banned from the dugout/technical area for 1 calendar year."

SFA: "Also, would you like the Scotland job?"

Are you guys suggesting that he shouldn't face punishment for his comments (as every other manager in the country would) because the SFA might want to appoint him? 

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you guys suggesting that he shouldn't face punishment for his comments (as every other manager in the country would) because the SFA might want to appoint him? 

No. My post quite clearly shows a punishment.