Next Scotland Manager

If Div could introduce one of his word filters for every time someone refers to "Scott" Gemmill, that would be lovely.

The man's name is Scotland Gemmill, people.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

5cd78637a88aa_Screenshot(47).thumb.png.7cd20409f21328ddd8f60eb9531a570d.png

Derek McInnes red hot just now, Gemmill  "a good lad", still hanging around like a bad smell for some reason.

Strange comment from Clarke yesterday. Saying "I'm just focusing on Kilmarnock to the end of the season". Does this mean he is off no matter if Scotland or somewhere else?

Evens on McInness now. Someone probably put £100 on him and it swayed the market that much. 

4 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Evens on McInness now. Someone probably put £100 on him and it swayed the market that much. 

8/11 for McInnes 6/4 for Clarke & 10/1 for Gemmill....

10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

8/11 for McInnes 6/4 for Clarke & 10/1 for Gemmill....

He was Evens on Skybet. Down to 4/5 now. Still massive change from 1/6.

Surely it’s Clarke though. Or should be. Never know with the SFA

Hmm. I heard McInnes is on 15k a week at Pittodrie. Probably means we've upped the ante cash wise if we've lured him away from Pittodrie. I'm not sure he's the best man we could have got for biggish bucks.
Surely he's not on 15k a week?!

1 hour ago, RobbieD said:

He was Evens on Skybet. Down to 4/5 now. Still massive change from 1/6.

Surely it’s Clarke though. Or should be. Never know with the SFA

Just been watching the old firm games and a nasty thought flashed past.  Maybe the SFA are waiting on Celtic decision on Lennon.  

I now can't get that thought out my head.  FFS

46 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Just been watching the old firm games and a nasty thought flashed past.  Maybe the SFA are waiting on Celtic decision on Lennon.  

I now can't get that thought out my head.  FFS

Not keen on that thought myself, but probably for a different reason.

If the SFA and Celtic/Rangers were both interested in a manager, what's the likelihood that the SFA would back off and give the big team first dibs.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Not keen on that thought myself, but probably for a different reason.

If the SFA and Celtic/Rangers were both interested in a manager, what's the likelihood that the SFA would back off and give the big team first dibs.

100%. They would never step on the toes of either of those clubs.

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If they were both interested in the same manager then Rangers and Celtic would be able to blow the SFA out of the water financially.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

If they were both interested in the same manager then Rangers and Celtic would be able to blow the SFA out of the water financially.

Aye, obviously; it just occurred to me that it would never be an issue as they'd back off sharpish rather than upset anybody important.

Wait, would The New Rangers still blow the SFA out of the water? They must be about broke by now, surely. Haven't been keeping track.

Just noticed this from 3 hours ago: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1126097/Steven-Gerrard-salary-wages-net-worth-earnings-Steven-Gerrard-Rangers-news

Headline: "Steven Gerrard salary: How much is Steven Gerrard paid? Net worth and earnings REVEALED"

Body text: Gerrard’s salary as manager of Rangers has not yet been revealed  :lol:

So Clarke and McInnes have essentially just swapped odds? I get the impression that no one knows anything.

McInnes still favourite with William hill when I checked this morning.

Manager markets are pretty terrible for being very sensitive to folk placing money somewhere as opposed to the bookies being ITK. Usually not worth reading into unless it’s something ridiculous like caixinha suddenly becoming clear favourite for the rangers job etc.

McInnes still favourite with William hill when I checked this morning.

Manager markets are pretty terrible for being very sensitive to folk placing money somewhere as opposed to the bookies being ITK. Usually not worth reading into unless it’s something ridiculous like caixinha suddenly becoming clear favourite for the rangers job etc.

Nobody betting on next manager markets has the first clue what’s going to happen. It’s entirely guesswork. It’s a ridiculous market which involves no skill whatsoever, and provides bookmakers with free money. The smallest bet makes a massive change in the betting. Clearly Derek McInnes was mentioned on Sportsound or something the other week, so some idiots (the kind who take their opinions from what Biscuits “Alan” Preston says about their team) put money on him.

They were largely dismissive of Scotland Gemmill, so his odds are drifting. Next week, he’ll get a mention again and will close.