Next Scotland Manager

9 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yes, as I pointed out his time at Croatia was not particularly successful despite a really talented squad, it was more a case of what could have been, as he has admitted. Losing to Turkey in a quarter final in 2008 was a huge missed opportunity, they then didn't qualify for the 2010 World Cup and failed to get out the group in 2012 (a tough group admittedly). There isn't really much there to go on to say that 7-10 years later he is a suitable candidate for this job.

What you're saying is the type of reason why I argue that we shouldn't break the bank for manager's like Bilic. But I'm also not sure if there are any candidates that stand out ahead of him. 

18 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Clarke won't take it at this stage in his career imo, but I'd be delighted with him.

I don't think he'd take it, he strikes me as a very hands on coach and he wouldn't have that opportunity as an international manager. Should still ask him though.

Moyes would be a decent appointment and would bring the organisation that's been missing in recent times.

I think Clarke would be the best choice but like others I struggle to see him taking it at this stage of his career. Moyes...eh, an improvement but not one I’d be a big fan of. The best route would be to look foreign (I’d certainly take Bilic) as there just isn’t enough credible domestic candidates.

What about his CV makes him stand out and suited to the Scotland job?

He has at least got experience of managing an international team and taking them to a major final. That should be a basic pre-requisite for anyone being considered for the job. It’s a good deal more experience than most of our previous managers have.

7 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The Guus Hiddink of the 21st century.

Guus Hiddink won the European Cup and several Dutch titles at PSV and led three different countries to the semi-finals of major competitions (including South Korea and Russia). If that's the sort of manager Bilic is then we're on to a winner.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Guus Hiddink won the European Cup and several Dutch titles at PSV and led three different countries to the semi-finals of major competitions (including South Korea and Russia). If that's the sort of manager Bilic is then we're on to a winner.

I would explode with joy if we got Hiddink, utterly brilliant manager and literally a football genius.  Obviously not possible, but laughable to see someone talk about him as if he's anything other than one of the very best managers the game has ever seen.  Shows how little some people know.

I kinda though Moyes would be the man for the job but 4 weeks ago I heard him give the biggest load of shyte soundbite regarding the availability of the Scotland job, basically what I am saying is he sounded like a nugget and not the sort players would run through walls for. 

had never thought of Billic other than thinking he resembles a werewolf bit some people on here are making a compelling case for him 

Edited by Chicken George

5cbc2c17def93_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.ca9ef91ab782b124948ab4e8ee9616f8.png                                                                                     I'll post this every day for updates, the bookies a in fair never wrong.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
31 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
After Clarke outburst I'd presume he has talked to himself out the job

Didn't levein get the job shortly after going apeshit about some trivial refereeing decision that went against Dundee Utd?

It was actually the worst example of blatant cheating I've ever seen in my life, involving about eight horrific decisions including Mark de vries being booked for not celebrating a goal.  All conducted at ibrox by an ex ibrox season ticket holder.

Looks like the SFA are going for the racist option - 

The Scottish FA will over the next few days consider placing performance director Malky Mackay in temporary charge of the Scotland team following Alex McLeish's departure as head coach last week. (Mail)

Mystified ,why do we need MacKay as a temporary  manager?

Its almost the end of the season so a permanent appointment of someone like Clark would cause minimal disruption to their club .

Having read Malkys comments that got him kicked out of Cardiff, there is no way he can be given such a high profile position even if it is temporary . It would be a National embarrassment .