Next Scotland Manager

5 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

Ex president smart arse. He is as much to blame as petrie,mccrae and all the rest

I'm fully aware of George's "powers", but he left in 2011. Continuing to blame him is like politicians who start every diatribe with "under the last Government".

1 hour ago, skippy2015 said:

You don’t sack a manager on the way up. We were unbeaten in 2017 and in good form. If we were going to sack the manager ( which I don’t think we should of) do it after Euro 16 qualifiers

He was in charge for 2 and half campaigns. Long enough to get us sorted enough to get to a finals. We were in prime position in the Euros to get play off position. But he shat it in Dublin in a game we should have won. And his comments about we should get Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the top league when they were in the Championship was scandalous. And the n his comment about us being generically too wee was ridiculous. He is a bomb scare.

I imagine a large number of the squad, probably a majority, will have no fucking clue who Scot Gemmill is.

Any black, gay and Jewish players will hardly be raring to play for Mackay. We don't have many black players at the moment, but should Mackay be appointed any who emerge could very well be wary of playing for such a horrible c**t.

We have no idea if there are any gay players in the squad (statistically you think there might be one) but Mackay's horrible shite will not make them feel welcome.

The points above apply to any Jewish players, although it's unlikely we have any.

Mackay taking a pishy wee 'diversity' course doesn't cut it. He's a dreadful arsehole who should be nowhere Scottish Football, let alone the national team manager job.

I think to get the fans back onside it needs to be either Clark or go outside the box for a foreigner  they won't though, too much like hard work and change. They'll just plump for someone they know well like Gemmill.....and if they get Mackay in I genuinely think there should be a proper protest. I'm someone who thinks people are too kneejerk and are constantly calling for boycotts and protests but in this case the is fully deserved 

8 hours ago, forameus said:

It's not truly over, but it now requires Russia and/or Belgium to really slip up, or for us to take 6 from Russia and probably something from Belgium.  That's unlikely, but admittedly not impossible.

This isn't close to being true. A much less drastic scenario is that we take 12 points from our remaining games against Kazakhstan, Cyprus and San Marino, and 4 points against Russia, and Russia lose their remaining match against Belgium. That would guarantee that we finish ahead of Russia on the head-to-head even if we lose both games to Belgium.

Again, for the hard of thinking, I am not suggesting that this is definitely going to happen. I am saying that the campaign is far from over at this stage. The four wins against the sides from the lower pots are clearly doable - three of the matches are at home - and Russia are probably better than us but not so much better than us that we couldn't realistically sneak a home win and an away draw with a bit of luck under a competent manager.

Edited by craigkillie

I still think the priority for the rest of this campaign is to find the best team for the Nations League play-offs. We have a huge amount of players of largely similar ability, and it will take a few games for the manager to sort through them. We need to find our best centre back pairing, solve the right back problem, work out our best striking options and sort through the numerous midfielders we have. Having a few games against Cyprus, San Marino and Kazakhstan should give us the opportunity to do that. If we manage to win all those and get a result against Russia then it's a massive bonus.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

It's all very depressing.

We will be stuck in a vicious cycle until we get rid of the likes of McRae and Petrie.

Strachan would have been a cert until he screwed up on the tv.

Its either Clarke or foreign for me. Sounds more and more like Clarke wants to move back down South, can't blame him.

Can't believe the stupid c***s gave the desperate unemployed 3rd choice manager the same wage as the previous one so we need to stump up the remainder of his fucking contract regardless.

Surely you add in performance clauses? McLeish would have signed anything for f**k sake.

48 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's all very depressing.

We will be stuck in a vicious cycle until we get rid of the likes of McRae and Petrie.

Strachan would have been a cert until he screwed up on the tv.

Its either Clarke or foreign for me. Sounds more and more like Clarke wants to move back down South, can't blame him.

Can't believe the stupid c***s gave the desperate unemployed 3rd choice manager the same wage as the previous one so we need to stump up the remainder of his fucking contract regardless.

Surely you add in performance clauses? McLeish would have signed anything for f**k sake.

I think there's a good chance Clarke is Celtic manager next season.

I think there's a good chance Clarke is Celtic manager next season.
Fair do's if thats the case. The Celtic job is a more attractive position than the Scotland one, especially if he is a Celtic man. Open goal at 10 in a row, on the other hand a decent shout at getting Scotland to the Euros.

McInnes is probably the next best Scot but I'd rather we went foreign if we couldn't tempt Clarke.

It is the world’s most vile rag of a newspaper and as ever with stories like this is it’s just ‘a source close to’ inferences without quotes, but the Daily Mail are reporting that Bilic is interested.

Edited by Dunning1874