Next Scotland Manager

Given the lack of talent, or at least 11 players who can do the basics like pass to a teammate in a blue shirt, whichever idiot takes the job will have a lot of work cut out. 

Maybe we should just give it to Teacher from the Bash Street Kids. He's used to dealing with an unruly mob of idiots without getting much support from his boss. 

teacher.jpg.796f35401ac4da27d3bf08299be87673.jpg

The Scottish FA has "cut off top-level managers" because of their treatment of Gordon Strachan and Alex McLeish, says former Scotland winger Pat Nevin.

McLeish was relieved of his duties as Scotland boss on Thursday after losing seven of his 12 matches in charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47983439

You mean my hopes of Pep Guardiola getting the job have been dashed because the SFA got rid of someone clearly underperforming? 

You get rid of Gordon Strachan who is probably the best in the business

The last club that had him as a manager was  Middlesbrough in 2010.  What  is this business he is "best " in.

Who are we looking at that will turn us down then. 

Some mentalist that will set fire to your house or eat your kids if pull out of their squad.
I really struggle to think of anyone fit for the job,  that would actually want it and do a better job than our last couple of managers.  Names like Steve Clark are great but how realistic are the chances of getting him.
Diego Simeone must be getting bored at Atletico Madrid by now?

I think we are in a relatively similar position (squad wise) to when the Berti Vogts experiment went wrong. McLeish came in, when a lot of the stalwarts from the Strachan reign were fading away, and the younger guys coming through had not really been tested or bled into the international picture.

Mcleish had a tough job to find a way to gel and integrate a squad quickly with new players and a system that worked. Not an excuse for him, these things are the job of the manager - but i think anyone and everyone but the SFA could see that he would make a james hunt of this. 

The problem we have now tho, is that we are mid qualifying campaign. If you bring in someone who is unfamiliar with the players, then we go back to square one, of trying and testing systems and players in competitive games. Which is why i think we need to go 'local'. Similar to when the Vogts campaign ended, we turned to the Smith/Burns/McCoist to get the best out of players they were already familiar with.

The candidates for me 

For me from the 'damaged goods' pile: Paul Lambert, Craig Levein,

From the 'Holy shit the SFA are listening' pile: Davie Moyes, Steve Clarke 

From the 'Am i awake' pile: Wenger, Mourinho, 

And the 'Dont even joke about it' pile: Malky McKay, John Hughes, 

3 hours ago, dorlomin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47983439

You mean my hopes of Pep Guardiola getting the job have been dashed because the SFA got rid of someone clearly underperforming? 

The last club that had him as a manager was  Middlesbrough in 2010.  What  is this business he is "best " in.

Who are we looking at that will turn us down then. 

Pat Nevin is no idiot.  I find it really hard to believe that he actually said Gordon Strachan is "the best in the business".  

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Pat Nevin is no idiot.  I find it really hard to believe that he actually said Gordon Strachan is "the best in the business".  

Ex-Footballer talking heads fall in to two categories. Extreme attentions seekers like Sutton or Stewart who use those tactics for career progression and old school "club" members who protect their own.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ex-Footballer talking heads fall in to two categories. Extreme attentions seekers like Sutton or Stewart who use those tactics for career progression and old school "club" members who protect their own.

I always thought Nevin was slightly above that, but yeah, it does seem that way. 

Steve Clarke has had a couple of good seasons at one club, he is likely the best of the most likely candidates but does not have a long track record of success. 

Last time round McInnes's name was getting a bit of an airing for the job, not many seem to be backing him now. 

Its a pretty bare cupboard.