Next Scotland Manager

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why Billic ? Did well with Croatia and did well at West Ham. Other than that was a failure in Russia , Turkey and Saudi

I think he at least wouldn't be a shitebag like pretty much ever Scotland manager for a long time. There's also the hope that his squad picks wouldn't be influenced by the usual shit.

It would also get it up the media that one of their wee pals didn't get it.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why Billic ? Did well with Croatia and did well at West Ham. Other than that was a failure in Russia , Turkey and Saudi

Because he seems a guid c**t. Which means he’ll not even be considered by the SFA.

I can see the thinking behind calls for Steve Clarke - but if people are on about avoiding past mistakes what differs from Craig Levein at Dundee Utd or Craig Burley at Hearts/Southampton?

They were also seen as 'progressive' and having made small clubs 'punch above their weight'?

Not sure who I want, I think the most important factor is finding a manager who is able to create a positive atmosphere and environment that players want to be part of. We can't afford to be alienating players, and if you create that environment then motivation takes care of itself. Never really convinced that being a great coach or tactical genius matters at this level. Gareth Southgate is hardly a great coach or tactician, hell, Chris Coleman got a side to the semi-finals. Guys who were duds at club level. But they created an environment where the best players wanted to turn up and felt confident.

Strachan seemed to be a bit hit or miss with that, if your face fitted he was really loyal and the players were loyal back. However if he didn't like you, like Charlie Adam, you were out and that was that. He could have been that guy to create that environment, but his stubbornness was his downfall. We need someone who can create a 'happy camp' but without the stubbornness. If we get all our best players turning up and valuing the national team again then we are halfway there, then on top of that as long as the manager is competent enough to pick the best players available at the time the we will give ourselves a shot. We still have a hugely inbalanced squad, but until that fixes itself we must make the best of the players available, something that Levein, Strachan and McLeish have failed to do.

I think he at least wouldn't be a shitebag like pretty much ever Scotland manager for a long time. There's also the hope that his squad picks wouldn't be influenced by the usual shit.
It would also get it up the media that one of their wee pals didn't get it.

McLeish had a lot of faults but I never thought his squads were influenced by anything. I always felt he picked the best 23ish available to him.

Just now, accies1874 said:

McLeish had a lot of faults but I never thought his squads were influenced by anything. I always felt he picked the best 23ish available to him.

Maybe but he was a massive coward (in football terms) and this shitebaggery was all too evident in the team.

Edited by DA Baracus

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d love to think we will appoint someone who will do a better job than McLeish; I have my doubts.

We’ll appoint someone who will do a different job but will have different failings.

This is it in a nutshell. He did well the last time as did Walter Smith. Ultimately all of them have failed since Brown but some a regarded as heroic and others total failures. Our players might be able to get a few good results in isolation but they’re also equally capable of another Kazakhstan at any time. 

Also players have chucked it or turned up when it suits them. It’s a poisoned chalice and Clark or Ross would be mad to leave a successful well run club side for Scotland.

McLeish beat France, Ukraine and gave Italy a game. Now he’s terrible because the players didn’t turn up.

:lol:

We are shite, even if we do fluke qualification we would get horsed. We haven’t had a decent side for decades or a world class player for longer. 

Hello mcfly.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is it in a nutshell. He did well the last time as did Walter Smith. Ultimately all of them have failed since Brown but some a regarded as heroic and others total failures. Our players might be able to get a few good results in isolation but they’re also equally capable of another Kazakhstan at any time. 

Also players have chucked it or turned up when it suits them. It’s a poisoned chalice and Clark or Ross would be mad to leave a successful well run club side for Scotland.

McLeish beat France, Ukraine and gave Italy a game. Now he’s terrible because the players didn’t turn up.

:lol:

We are shite, even if we do fluke qualification we would get horsed. We haven’t had a decent side for decades or a world class player for longer. 

Hello mcfly.

You don't half spew some pish. Players didn't turn up because it was McLeish who was the boss.

What's the justification of giving the job to Fletcher?

I think he would have the instant respect of the players, so most of them would start turning up again.
He is passionate about the national team, so dont think he would jump at the first club that came calling.
Hes not tarnished by any association with either of the old firm - a positive in getting the whole nation onside
International football is about inspiring the guys who turn up - u dont have much time to coach them, so that is less important
I see him replicating what Southgate has managed to do for the English
He has Fergie on speed dial for advice
Bring in an experienced assistant to help with the coaching side
Who would u suggest Magyar?

5 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

I think he would have the instant respect of the players, so most of them would start turning up again.
He is passionate about the national team, so dont think he would jump at the first club that came calling.
Hes not tarnished by any association with either of the old firm - a positive in getting the whole nation onside
International football is about inspiring the guys who turn up - u dont have much time to coach them, so that is less important
I see him replicating what Southgate has managed to do for the English
He has Fergie on speed dial for advice
Bring in an experienced assistant to help with the coaching side
Who would u suggest Magyar?

This is shite tbf.  Just cause someone sounds like they know what they're talking about on TV doesn't make them management material.  Look at Gary Neville.  I would prefer someone who has actually managed a football team before.  The guy at St Johnstone, McInness, Moyes, McLaren, Billic anybody.  Let Fletcher manage a club or three first before you would consider him for Scotland.  Lothar Matthaus, anybody.  Fletcher is a ridiculous suggestion, we have no idea whether he is a valid candidate or not as he has never managed anybody.  Neil Lennon will be out of a job soon, very divisive but a good candidate.