Next Scotland Manager

Guest bernardblack
Gemmill done nothing at unders level what makes you think he has what it takes?
Do we not need him there to bring the next generation through?

And not disrupt any progress they make?We need guys who took teams to finals.Was massive list of unemployed ones should been on lust when they list out on O Neil

Two Slovenians
One Italian ex Albania boss
Guy who took Poland to finals
And guy that got Hungary there
None to my knowledge got a interview 
SFA clueless can't work the internet

They’ll give it to Moyes who will be no better than McLeish

3 minutes ago, Red_Dwarf_Posse said:

Stuart McCall was sacked this week.  Coincidence...think not.  Golf Buddy...check, Old Firm connection....check, useless manager...check.  Ticks all the SFA boxes.

I agree with this, sadly!

The new manager will be Scottish.  I think we can all agree on that.  And he will have who he wants to be playing all figured out already.  Instead of an outsider coming in, seeing what players we actually have, and playing a style and formation that suits them.

That's half the problem we have, a new manager comes in and picks his favourites, regardless of form, or if they've even been playing.

24 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I'd fucking love Slavan Bilic but the SFA wouldn't be having that. It'll end up being Moyes or pish like that. 

Slav already has previous working under shysters so would fit the SFA model. Can’t see him managing again however, he looked absolutely dreadful towards the end of his spell at West Ham. 

I’d give it to Allardyce if he was willing to take it (he wouldn’t be).

So Strachan it is.

If we appoint any of the following:
Moyes
Mackay
Strachan
Lambert
Or any other Scottish gammons of that ilk then I am fucking done 
Some imagination, at least, please
I wonder if McInnes might fancy it. Dandies job probably still too cushty though. 
What makes Lambert a "Scottish gammon" but not McInnes? They're roughly the same age and have both had successes and failures in their career.

I think the SFA will speak to Clarke and i'm hoping he tells them to shove it, David Moyes will be the man i think that would take it, knowing the SFA they will probably be looking at Stuart McCall.

Personally i'm with a few folk here who said try the foreign approach but id imagine that will not be a popular choice with the boys club in Hampden.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:
If we appoint any of the following:
Moyes
Mackay
Strachan
Lambert
Or any other Scottish gammons of that ilk then I am fucking done 
Some imagination, at least, please
I wonder if McInnes might fancy it. Dandies job probably still too cushty though. 

What makes Lambert a "Scottish gammon" but not McInnes? They're roughly the same age and have both had successes and failures in their career.

McInnes has had one failing in his career, and even then his hands were tied at Bristol 

Lambert fucked it at Villa, Stoke and currently overseeing Ipswich’s relegation to League One

I’m not saying he’s a realistic candidate, just an example of track records we shouldn’t be considering for the Scotland job 

Fairly confident in saying that if we hire a Scottish manager again, we're fucked.  There just aren't any options (Clarke maybe, although I think he'd do a far better job staying at Killie) in that group that will make any kind of difference.

Paul Lambert gets a rough ride. I think that’s partly due to managerial failures and also he comes across as a bit dour in interviews.

McInnes is much more media friendly.

Both have shown ambition and managed to be relatively successful abroad as players. Both haven’t won that much as managers.

Either would probably do if we’re going for another Scottish Manager.