Airdrie Bankies v Forfar

Not a great game by any means but I thought Airdrie 100% deserved that.
Worked harder, created the better chances and Forfar didn't really trouble our defence.
As comfortable an afternoon as we've had for many a month.
Thought Campbell worked as hard as anyone on the park today.
I thought Airdrie edged it but it was a poor goal from our point of view. Not far off what I anticipated today really. Draw or a narrow 1 0 either way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woefully inept performance from everyone today, passing ,control and the throw in's, it's hard to know where to start!

Airdrie's height caused us bother at times but the goal was a travesty from the goalie to the defence.

Party time at Station next week if we turn up in the same frame as mind.

Coupe for Easton

Reilly for Irvine

Do not screw it up next week ffs!!

3 hours ago, HotTakesForDays said:

Easton can f**k off at this point.

Completely off the boil today, 1st 4 touches he gave the ball away, but there were many more who did not step up to the plate today!! :(

Was actually going to go to Broadwood instead today, but opted for Airdrie as I needed to be in Coatbridge sharpish, I fucked up as that game was mingin.  Second time I've seen Airdrie this season. Was a pretty pish affair between two evenly matched sides. Last time I seen Airdrie was against Sutton. Huge contrast between the managers. Findlay was a ranter and raver whilst Murray is very quiet and tends to talk a lot to the other coaches. Last time I seen Airdrie they had a lot of pace in the team with McIntosh and Vitoria, but seemed quite sluggish today. Each time they didn't really have much of an end product, although conversely weren't tested much today or that day either. It was a very scrappy game, Forfar didn't really do much of note, and I don't think they really troubled Airdrie enough once they went behind. Hutton's save from Baird's header was about all I could remember from them. Have heard a lot of good stuff about Dylan Easton the last few years and thats the first time I've seen him, he was very quiet. I'd be stunned if Forfar gave the play-offs a good shot, they looked like a bog standard L1 team to me today. Airdrie on the otherhand should probably do enough to be safe but will need doubles figures worth of players to push for promotion next year I reckon. They're a hard working team, but lack a bit of creativity and conviction.

Most interesting bit was the patter from the forfar weans "wheres yer famous section b" made me chuckle a bit and some beetroot faced stewards giving the airdrie weans into trouble for trying to enjoy a shite game by standing at the dugout.

I know ,I know. I like them trying to create a bit of an atmosphere on our travels but they need to cut that shite out right now. Your wee guys had balloons and handwritten banners hardly "top boys". Good on the one adult in our section that reprimanded them loudly when they were pushing it.

There was some awesome hawdmeback action going on from both sets of wee boys.

23 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Was actually going to go to Broadwood instead today, but opted for Airdrie as I needed to be in Coatbridge sharpish, I fucked up as that game was mingin.  Second time I've seen Airdrie this season. Was a pretty pish affair between two evenly matched sides. Last time I seen Airdrie was against Sutton. Huge contrast between the managers. Findlay was a ranter and raver whilst Murray is very quiet and tends to talk a lot to the other coaches. Last time I seen Airdrie they had a lot of pace in the team with McIntosh and Vitoria, but seemed quite sluggish today. Each time they didn't really have much of an end product, although conversely weren't tested much today or that day either. It was a very scrappy game, Forfar didn't really do much of note, and I don't think they really troubled Airdrie enough once they went behind. Hutton's save from Baird's header was about all I could remember from them. Have heard a lot of good stuff about Dylan Easton the last few years and thats the first time I've seen him, he was very quiet. I'd be stunned if Forfar gave the play-offs a good shot, they looked like a bog standard L1 team to me today. Airdrie on the otherhand should probably do enough to be safe but will need doubles figures worth of players to push for promotion next year I reckon. They're a hard working team, but lack a bit of creativity and conviction.

Most interesting bit was the patter from the forfar weans "wheres yer famous section b" made me chuckle a bit and some beetroot faced stewards giving the airdrie weans into trouble for trying to enjoy a shite game by standing at the dugout.

A critique from a Thistle fan...and a pretty pish one at that.  

Funniest bit had to be when Airdrie scored. Some bairns about 8 or 9 right down the front giving the Forfar boys absolute stick.

Yeah. I’ve had to have a word with my son tonight about appropriate behaviour, while trying not to laugh.

Yeah. I’ve had to have a word with my son tonight about appropriate behaviour, while trying not to laugh.

Cops and stewards get a hard time but they were great today. Basically got the Forfar lads right away from the Airdrie fans. Threat was "chucked out or move so you're less problematic".
Could have easily thrown them out straight away.

Wasn't a classic by any means but certainly better than a lot of the pish we've endured at other points this season. Thought Airdrie were well worth their win and while they were lacking quality they were solid at the back, industrious and worked hard. Even Conroy and Duffy put in a real shift and I thought that was one of Conroy's better games in a while. Campbell lacks quality on the ball and in his decision making at times but he's a hard worker and he's certainly the best of the loanees. Don't think it was a coincidence that we won with two of them out the team. Wilkie had another good game and we're a much better team with him in it. Thought we were very shot shy in the first half and that the chance we eventually scored from was lost but thankfully we were able to capitalise on the botched clearance. Stewart put down a marker for the rest of the season. Thought he was terrific, particularly in the first half. Hawkshaw also had a few good touches and put in a couple of good crosses. Overall a pleasing and deserved win. Forfar didn't really trouble us at all except from the aforementioned wonder save from Baird's header by Hutton. Don't know how he saved that but he's done that a good few times this season. What a boy. 

Fair play to the young lads in both supports trying to create an atmosphere but some of the come ahead stuff was embarrassing. Where's your famous Section B did make me chuckle though :lol: 

My only complaint today is that Scott Stewart has cut his hair. 

Wasn't a classic by any means but certainly better than a lot of the pish we've endured at other points this season. Thought Airdrie were well worth their win and while they were lacking quality they were solid at the back, industrious and worked hard. Even Conroy and Duffy put in a real shift and I thought that was one of Conroy's better games in a while. Campbell lacks quality on the ball and in his decision making at times but he's a hard worker and he's certainly the best of the loanees. Don't think it was a coincidence that we won with two of them out the team. Wilkie had another good game and we're a much better team with him in it. Thought we were very shot shy in the first half and that the chance we eventually scored from was lost but thankfully we were able to capitalise on the botched clearance. Stewart put down a marker for the rest of the season. Thought he was terrific, particularly in the first half. Hawkshaw also had a few good touches and put in a couple of good crosses. Overall a pleasing and deserved win. Forfar didn't really trouble us at all except from the aforementioned wonder save from Baird's header by Hutton. Don't know how he saved that but he's done that a good few times this season. What a boy. 
Fair play to the young lads in both supports trying to create an atmosphere but some of the come ahead stuff was embarrassing. Where's your famous Section B did make me chuckle though [emoji38] 
My only complaint today is that Scott Stewart has cut his hair. 

The save from Baird was top quality, it was one of those weird ones where there was absolutely no pace at all on the header and the 'keeper was initially going the wrong way but had time to shift back again.

There was some awesome hawdmeback action going on from both sets of wee boys.
Fair play to the young lads and it was good to see that there was nothing too heavy handed from the stewards while trying to make sure it didn't get out of hand.

Forfar boys with a drum, the Airdrie boys who had their megaphone at the last home match (batteries needing replaced this week or maybe just realised its not very loud) may cause some minor irritation to auld c***s less tolerant than me. If it generates an interest with the weans and draws them back while others see it and decide to go along then we should be doing all we can to encourage them.

Thought the match today was pretty much our entire season encapsulated in 90 minutes. Some reasonable possession while lacking the urgency or incisiveness to create clear chances in front of goal. Like others thought our chance has gone when Duffy seemed to dwell on it too long but Edwards did well and Wilkie got himself into a good position for the tap in. Although Forfar didn't do much themselves you know that this Airdrie side always have it in them to make a mistake and allow the opposition at least one opportunity. Thankfully that didn't happen today.

Hutton was the difference between 1 and 3 points again and interesting to note that other than Arbroath we've conceded the fewest goals this season.

Archived