Airdrie Bankies v Forfar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

GIRFUY! That will teach you for making the Bankies jibe,  an important 3 points with Brechin winning, keeps a gap between us and the relegation battle

Teach who what? One poster on the wind up?

Boys some player [emoji57][emoji23]

Don't think anyone on either side could take much from that game. You're front two probably the best out the starting 22, more for work rate than anything else.

Apt that a poor clearance was the difference between the sides.

Are Forfar the worst in the league for taking throw-ins?

Not a great game by any means but I thought Airdrie 100% deserved that.
Worked harder, created the better chances and Forfar didn't really trouble our defence.
As comfortable an afternoon as we've had for many a month.
Thought Campbell worked as hard as anyone on the park today.

As I headed to the stadium, the P.A. was playing Autumn Almanac by the Kinks and " I like my football on a Saturday" turned out to be the end result. We were the better team and this time matched up to the physical intensity missing in the away game. Duffy and Wilkie did keep their back four on their toes but our whole shape contributed. it was a strange position for Ryan Conroy but we got more out of him today than in recent games. Josh Campbell  was hard working alongside Millar and he is the one loan player deserving a place. I thought Stewart was good in the first half  but faded a bit later. It looked as if Duffy had missed that chance but Edwards got it back for Wilkie to score a typical goal for him . Duffy did have 2 good second half strikes but McCallum made two excellent saves. However I can't miss out David Hutton who kept us ahead with a great save from Baird's header. I was relieved when Weir took off both Baird and Easton and wee John looked less than pleased. The last minute corner was a bit of a panic but I did think we deserved the win at last. The Hawkshaw guy looked really lively so maybe he could give some impact from the bench.  With Dumbarton losing and Montrose/Brechin winning the 5-9 places are still tight. Still hope 40-42 points will suffice. Forfar still look good for top four. The daft boys with the drum were noisy but did appear to lose the plot when the goal was scored. They don't usually travel to games I would guess but it was sensible to shift them along to the end in 2nd half. The Kinks did continue their song  with "roast beef on Sundays alright " and I can live with that. 

Who are the 15 year old hard men trying to goad the 13 year olds into a fight?
I know ,I know. I like them trying to create a bit of an atmosphere on our travels but they need to cut that shite out right now. Your wee guys had balloons and handwritten banners hardly "top boys". Good on the one adult in our section that reprimanded them loudly when they were pushing it.

Archived