Best school fight you saw

1 hour ago, eddiemunster said:

Apparently he said that whilst he could not condone gambling, nor fighting, he was pleased to see Jack sticking up for his friends against "a couple of wide men". Instead of punishment he just asked Jack to promise he would never ever hit any of his classmates (or he would kill them), to which he agreed and that was that.

I hope that's true cos sound as f**k teachers are rare as f**k.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

In a side note one of my friends actually ages with these people and pointed out that these twins were the two best looking girls at school but *friend pulls up facebook* look at the state/size of them now.

Always the case. 99% of the stunners are now munters. A few average lassies turn oot belters.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some other great moments of violence (when you think back as an adult it’s amazing how immune you were to the violence) and hilarity at my school were:

Boy got head butted on the top step outside our school and didn’t hit the ground until he cleared the bottom step. It’s about 5 feet. He just went straight backward.

As with the story from Ardrossan, Kilwinning (a place famed for its open mindedness and lack of bigotry) had two schools of different dominations about a 10 min walk apart. The kids from the Catholic school who lived in Kilwinning were at a disadvantage to our school as a large percentage of the Catholic school kids came from surrounding areas and got buses out of school. Meaning that instead of the same number of kids walking around at half 3 you had about 1200 coming out of our school and maybe a couple of hundred from theirs who lived in the town. Anyway there was talk of a big fight after school because of something that had happened as the two parties involved crossed each other in the morning to go to their respective schools. The one from the Catholic school was considered a bit of a hard man and had a couple of younger brothers. The three of them got caught outside our school and when the main brother got challenged he fought back. Suddenly it was a fight of about 20 on 3 and a couple of the brothers got really badly battered. One of whom had a footprint on his head after it was over. It was all a big laugh to us.

Kilwinning Academy sits on quite a busy main road and one day a guy got chased into the road and knocked out. He just got left laying there in the middle of the road. Another day at the office.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

In a side note one of my friends actually ages with these people and pointed out that these twins were the two best looking girls at school but *friend pulls up facebook* look at the state/size of them now.

Still, twins.  Wid

2 hours ago, wintonfan said:

in sunny ardrossan the roman catholic and non denominational schools used to be separated by playing fields, at times you had best part of a thousand kids fighting...

:lol:

While not during school hours, I can mind a game of football in the school grounds got out of hand once and I ended up in quite a hum dinger of a year up. Now, I had a terrible temper when I was younger (until about 10 or 11 year old then settled down) and went what could only be described as “raj” quite often.
My opponent and still very good friend is a few years older than me and wearing football boots. While I swung haymaker after haymaker towards the dish, he used his reach advantage and studs and kicked the f**k out my legs. Fed up of this, I changed tact and took him to the ground. Being the older and bigger boy he managed to wrestle me on to my back and gave me a good knocking about but I fought back manfully...until I saw a half brick and grabbed, naturally and probably for the best, he shat it and ran. I gave chase but he had grip and fresh legs on his side.
Best one I remember seeing was two lads about 15/16 both done a bit boxing and were hard. Gave each other a bit of going over before it broke up. I never liked seeing folk take a tanking, still don’t. An even fight, crack on but someone getting seriously battered, not for me.

I also remember in primary school, Robbie Russell was always getting the piss taken out of him, pretty much bullied tbf. Not a fighter, Robbie always walked away.

Until one day he snapped and absolutely kicked f**k out of a Scottie Grant. Must have been about P5.  Some doing and he had to be dragged off by Mr Bottom (who laterly changed his name to Barren for obvious reasons).

Never stopped Robbie devouring rubbers in the class through the fucking mentalist.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also remember in primary school, Robbie Russell was always getting the piss taken out of him, pretty much bullied tbf. Not a fighter, Robbie always walked away.

Until one day he snapped and absolutely kicked f**k out of a Scottie Grant. Must have been about P5.  Some doing and he had to be dragged off by Mr Bottom (who laterly changed his name to Barren for obvious reasons).

Never stopped Robbie devouring rubbers in the class through the fucking mentalist.

What, to Barren Bottom?

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

First year at school massive riot between one of the villages (Oakley) and Dunfermline. This led to another fight with one guy pulling a knife on someone a few weeks later.

Oakley v Toon riots livened up school. Must have been a year or two above you. 

Chris Kane was our champion pugilist. Scrawny wee boy, but an absolute heidbanger (decent lad by himself, he thought I was alright, which was a fuckin relief).

Him and James McAinsh, a heidbanger from the year above (on retrospect, St Andy's student body had a disproportionate number of hardcunts) out on the front lawn exchanging punches. Nobody seemed to win as the fight was stopped, after about 10 minutes of bloody attrition. 

Not a "fight" per se, but at hometime, as we were all heading down the stairs, some numpty from two years above decided it would be funny to push Kane down the stairs. Kane disagreed and promptly broke his nose in two places with one punch. Lovely.

Most fights at our school took place at a swing park down the road that was completely surrounded by trees, giving it the feel of a boxing ring (the trees seemed to amplify the size of the crowd too) and lent these bouts (which were mostly dissapointing, one-punch affairs) a greater sense of occasion.

Richard "Spanner" Wilson, hated school bully of the 5th year up against Jacko of the 4th, who may have been the inspiration for Hodor off Game of Thrones. School toilets, circa 1976.

Jacko didn't bother swinging punches, wrestling or kicking. He just grabbed Wilson's right hand with his left, twisted it up behind Wilson's back, then gripped him by the neck with his right hand and pounded his face into the porcelain sink. Over and over again. There were times when neither of Spanner's feet were on the ground.

It was a beautiful day.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I also remember in primary school, Robbie Russell was always getting the piss taken out of him, pretty much bullied

Some of the bullying that went on in school, at football training etc when growing up was absolutely brutal.  I personally think that almost everyone gets bullied in some way but some people take it worse than others and it obviously affects them badly.  Hopefully people can see what I am aiming for here and I'm not just saying that it should be taken as banter because of course it can be worse than that.

I remember a rumour getting started in about third year from a girl in school about some quiet geeky type getting caught in a garden shed with young kids during the summer holidays.  This was the type of guy who wouldn't be out kicking around during the summer holidays and with mobiles etc just being a new thing he probably never even knew this false rumour had been started.  The poor guy was getting attacked in the playground by different people/groups before we even made it into school for that first day.  This continued for a few weeks before his parents had to take him out of school.  As a parent now I'm actually feeling a bit emotional even writing about this as I, and almost everyone I knew, were involved both in the physical abuse but also the carrying of the rumour which, deep down, we all knew was absolute bullshit.

I hooked wee Pete once for slagging my maw, best punch I've ever thrown (about the only punch I've ever thrown). Ended up with a Saturday morning detention and a letter home for that one. Also fought this other c*nt who was bullying me, got a doing, but he tended to leave me alone after that. 

I'm more a shiter than a fighter... 

I remember one fight, two second years kicking 7 shades of shite out of each other. The funny thing is they were surrounded by the usual crowd shouting "Fight..fight..fight" and it was right in front of the staffroom window. I'm sure a teacher was watching it all for ten minutes with a cup of coffee in his hand before bothering to go out and stop it. 

The other one I remember was getting the bus down through Bruntsfield and looking out onto the Links and seeing a mass pagger between Boroughmuir and Gillespies. I ducked down because if they'd spotted my posh school blazer they might have joined forces and turned on me. Burrie is a bit posh for a cooncil school these days but in those days the catchment area used to include the Dumbiedykes and there were a few mental b*****ds down that way.

I can't think of any great fights at my school but I loved the few I can remember where the "hard" kids in school got leathered. Mouthy, loud types who seemed a bit mental but then when annoyed the wrong person or went too far took a bleaching.

Snow in Ayr was a rarity so when it did lie all the kids used to launch as many snowballs as they possibly could at the passing vehicles. Buses being the favourite target of choice.  

One wintry day a council vehicle(may have been a gritter I can't remember for sure) passed and the inevitable volley of snowballs land on the poor Kyle and Carrick(yes it was that long ago) publicly funded vehicle. Driver of said vehicle didn't seem particularly chuffed, slammed on the brakes and out he jumps to harass the poor snowball launching kids. Unfortunately for him the snowballs didn't stop being launched and an irate driver heads for the first kid he can get his hands on

Big Muzz,  who was 15/16 at the time, but looked about 40 takes it upon himself to defend the honour of the school, and after a brief verbal exchange punches are thrown and driver eventually fucks off back to his vehicle with his tail between his legs. He then Lee Wallace'd to the headmaster.

A moment of magic at school

We had a few fairly tame scraps at Webster's in Kirrie in the 80s. I stupidly got a pasting during a football match during lunch break when arguing with the hardest guy in my year over a corner. Obviously I got absolutely sconned in the puss a few times. I then had to sit in French class after lunch with a school shirt that looked like it had been lifted from one of Jack the Ripper's victims. I was also bullied for a couple of months in 3rd year by this w****r, mostly in Physics classes. He would desperately try to show off to the two girls who sat across from him every time our teacher nipped out of the class (usually for a smoke), I finally snapped and burst his nose in front of the entire class. Most enjoyable, even though the snivelling c**t grassed me up. 

The best fights I witnessed involved a long running feud between two of the girls a year above us. They had two big scraps, both witnessed by massive crowds - proper vicious affairs they were too. None of this pushing around "mon then" shite. Fingernail scratches, knees, elbows, the lot and quite a lot of blood. 

The most surreal fight of all happened when I was in first year. For one PE class we had to play football against the second years. To make up for the mismatch, our teacher played for us (he was also playing juniors at the time) and we eventually won about 4 or 5-1. One of the second years, a boy called Wayne who was apparently a pretty big deal in the boys leagues completely lost it with his team mates, and ended up scrapping with his goalie and fellow centre half before stomping back to the changing rooms in tears while we tried and failed not to piss ourselves laughing. 

Wasn't really a fight but I seem to remember this big, fat daft kid in 1st year doing WWF (as it was back then) wrestling moves (with commentary) on his bag.

A big crowd gathered to watch the show before it became the general consensus to conduct a massive "pile on" atop of big fat John. 

There must have been 30+ kids on top of a now hysterically crying John, and it only stopped when the bell rang.

Archived