Best school fight you saw

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I kind of feel the same way.  I didn't bully anyone or beat anyone up (as far as I recall, memory has a tendency to erase things you are ashamed of) but thinking about how some kids were treated, bullying and violence and the affect that it must've had on their lives and how it must've hurt them and their families is awful.

I'm pretty sure I was never a bully either but dear doG, I wish my memory would erase some of the other things I'm ashamed of.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry, I meant to say that I’d walked into a door at home. 

I would have stuck with the fishmonger story. To come up with that as a lie is fantastic. Who would claim to have been given a black eye from a fishmonger who hadn't? Nice move.

9 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

I would have stuck with the fishmonger story. To come up with that as a lie is fantastic. Who would claim to have been given a black eye from a fishmonger who hadn't? Nice move.

Mrs SP is laid up with a broken leg right now so her alibi is sound.

Guest Moomintroll
Artists impression of the incident, by Toutatis.images.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was a large scale disturbance.

With your chat on here about fitness and boxing, I'd have expected you to skate any confrontation.

School fights were outstanding. I recall, circa 2000, whilst in 1st year, a large scale brawl commencing after a game of ‘Megs’. Basically a small bottle of Irn Bru being kicked about and if it went through anyone’s legs they got a complete doing until they managed to touch a pole.

One wee guy in 2nd year took exception to getting said doing and offered the hard b*****d in 3rd year a square go up the park after school. The hard guy was from Garthamlock and generally considered to be a complete animal.

This was big news, even the teachers got involved, telling us to stay away and nothing would be happening.

We all troop up the the park, en masse, and it all kicks off. This wee guy gets hit on the face a pure belter, can remember the black eye coming up as if it happened yesterday. But he doesn’t go down. He must have been hit about 40 times and never went down. Yeah they were both on the floor grabbing each other, but every time he was up with the hard b*****d. Don’t get me wrong, the 2nd year got an absolute pasting, but he was well regarded in terms of fighting after that, even though I don’t think he threw a punch. Looking back I maybe am thinking it was worse than it was, but the wee guy just stood and took punch after punch, was like Homer Simpson when he can’t be knocked down.

The wee guy killed himself maybe 10 years ago. No idea what happened to the hard c**t.

Can't remember many fights specifically from school but I recall that most years, usually in the decent weather not long before we broke up for summer, there would be rumours that loads of boys from the local non-denom school would be meeting up with a group from my school (Catholic) to fight in the park in the middle of the two. I don't think this actually ever happened in my six years in secondary.

The head teacher was quite an intimidating figure and it was either this or a network of grasses he used as he seemingly knew of every fight that happened after school, even if not on school grounds. He would come on the tannoy the following day to threaten to come to the class of those involved if they didn't come to his office immediately. I never found out if he was bluffing or not but everybody that was caught fighting was suspended for a day automatically.

On 21/03/2019 at 01:58, JamieStevenson said:

These guys were getting pelted by objects as well as trying to struggle with each other. I've never seen so many flying Koka Noodles and Dolly Beads in my life. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahh Divit High, I remember the three choices at lunch time being the canteen, being a homie or 'the van' 

At said school during my time there a fight was arranged between two guys from Dalgety Bay (dweebs!) one of those was a huge WWF fan, took it very seriously, so much so that he turned up to the fight with a crowbar and cracked the guy's head open with it. The guy now wrestles under the name Mike Musso in W3L.

Funny thinking back now who people were automatically considered hard because of the area they came from, I remember everyone from High Valleyfield thinking they were solid, including one p***k in my class who was a bit of a bully, until big Fudge from the quaint village of Aberdour kicked his c**t in. Never understand why people from the villages West of Dunfermline came to Inverkeithing rather than Dunfermline schools. Personally I would build a wall west of Cairneyhill and just give the area to Clackmannanshire, maybe keep Culross as a Fife enclave, similar to West Berlin.

Archived