Revisiting old albums

The_Judge

Caught a documentary on them last week on BBC4 and was surprised how good they were. During the 80s I thought the were a boy band with no substance. Fairly changed my mind after watching that. Some good stuff on there. Been streaming a bit this week. Anything you would recommend thats maybe outwith the hits?

To be honest it’s mostly their hits I’ve been listening to along with other 80’s classics from the likes of Bronski Beat etc, transcending into the 90’s and the likes of The Shamen.

Basically all stemmed from my wee lassie asking what kind of music folk listened to when I was at school.

I love how when we were little and asked the auld yins this they'd say Glen Miller or Nat King Cole or something and when we get asked it'll be Altern8 and Future Sound of London and stuff like that.

I had The Rhythmic State belting out Soap On A Rope the other night and my daughter and niece were raving to it [emoji23]

On 01/03/2020 at 10:58, MixuFixit said:

I love how when we were little and asked the auld yins this they'd say Glen Miller or Nat King Cole or something and when we get asked it'll be Altern8 and Future Sound of London and stuff like that.

We told the grandkids Elvis was king and subjected them on car journeys to Elvis. 

Turns out the grandkids think Elvis is king. 

They genuinely like him.

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

On 01/03/2020 at 10:58, MixuFixit said:

Who?

On 01/03/2020 at 11:58, MixuFixit said:

Future Sound of London were so influential a country was named after one of their songs.

Edited by stevieKTID

• 2 weeks later...

The enforced isolation has had me revisiting music that's not been listened to for a while.

This weekend been listening to that Stevie Ray Vaughan box set that I was given for Christmas about 2004 and played about three times.

Where the f**k has that been hiding all these years - it's the mutts nutts.

Stevie Ray was one very underrated dude on six strings.

• 2 months later...