Revisiting old albums

The_Judge

On 07/12/2019 at 00:14, pozbaird said:

Duran Duran ‘Rio’

Human League ‘Dare’

David Sylvian ‘Brilliant Trees’

Heart ‘Little Queen’

been re-visiting these beauts’ recently.

I remember getting a lot of stick from my mates for saying Rio is a great album. Still love it. Still play it.

David Sylvian is tremendous and Brilliant Trees should be in everybody's collection! Love all his work.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I remember getting a lot of stick from my mates for saying Rio is a great album. Still love it. Still play it.

David Sylvian is tremendous and Brilliant Trees should be in everybody's collection! Love all his work.

There’s fantastic stuff on most of the Sylvian solo albums. ‘Secrets of the Beehive’ is a great album. I was never a huge Japan fan, but their debut ‘Adolescent Sex’ is fantastic. The song ‘Suburban Love’ remains one of my all-time favourite songs by anyone, anywhere.

On 25/08/2019 at 20:37, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm currently rocking out and playing air guitar in my bedroom to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

61ECQBJ8EZL._SX355_.jpg

It's been waaay too long since I listened to this.

Introduced the bairn to this the other day in the car. She was looking at me like I was daft but I could see she was intrigued/terrified by the opening.

Will persevere with her on this until she has nightmares about heat rays and red weed.

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2019 at 16:05, cb_diamond said:

I have entered into the spirit this by listening to the Longpigs- The Sun is Often Out for the first time in almost 20 years. It's still absolutely great!! Plus it spawned Richard Hawley's solo career so double win!

The long pigs asked me in Edinburgh one time if there was anywhere decent nearby for breakfast. This was at the East end of the meadows and I thought they were shite so I suggested heading South through Newington, past the shops. 

I still don't think it was wrong. The singer was called Crispin or something, they deserved it. 

Recently listened to the following

Runrig Recovery : still good

ELO Out of the Blue : patchy but some great moments

Big Country The Crossing : love it

Blue Nile Walk across the Rooftops : class

Stereophonics Word gets around: great album Performance and Cocktails was good too. Went to shit after that IMHO

Grim Northern Social self titled: great album great band live. Sadly their one and only album.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

The long pigs asked me in Edinburgh one time if there was anywhere decent nearby for breakfast. This was at the East end of the meadows and I thought they were shite so I suggested heading South through Newington, past the shops. 

I still don't think it was wrong. The singer was called Crispin or something, they deserved it. 

shahs of sunset no GIF

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 20:00, hearthammer said:

Man  -  Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day

Listening to this on Youtube.  Bought it when i was in Swansea in the Summer of 1972.  Still sounding great as background to the darts then the football tonight.

th?id=AMMS_72cfe7b8d5cf86f2c8ca23b8e28abImage result for man be good to yourself at least once a day

Bought it at much the same time. 

Completely forgot about the map showing where all the welsh bands came from. A real touch of class, especially showing Wales being pushed away from England. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

Been giving Tears For Fears a fair bit of play recently.

Caught a documentary on them last week on BBC4 and was surprised how good they were. During the 80s I thought the were a boy band with no substance. Fairly changed my mind after watching that. Some good stuff on there. Been streaming a bit this week. Anything you would recommend thats maybe outwith the hits?