The Paisley Buddies v Dundee

Almost a universally awful season, but still got 5,000+ Saints fans turning up, in the sun, and winning a key game.

Being a fan of one of the smaller clubs means more lows than highs, but when the highs come, seems to make it all worthwhile.

Lots of happy faces on the way out of the ground today.

Probably back to business as normal on Wednesday, but let’s enjoy tonight.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2019 at 11:55, ali_91 said:

Good luck to my Tayside brothers, get the weegies down. 

Thank you. 

On 3/22/2019 at 14:31, RossDee01 said:

Correct. You’re the only team shite enough that we can beat.

On 3/26/2019 at 19:21, Dundee-FC92 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we outnumbered these utter mugs.

Can't wait to celebrate trouncing these animals.

Thank you.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:02, tree house tam said:

Dundee will win by 2 goals, St Mirren really are puddin. 

On 3/28/2019 at 23:12, johnnydun said:

Godspeed to all Dee's entering the Methadome. 

Image result for thunderbirds laughing gif

Glad to get 3 points which looked v unlikely 30 seconds in. Not convinced we are anywhere near good enough to pull ourselves clear but the lack of effort from Dundee after we took the lead gives me some hope.

Flynn was excellent and Gary Mac gave us a much needed presence at the back.

As others have pointed out it could all change again in midweek. Can’t see us taking anything at Parkhead although I guess if they win tomorrow the league will be over and they might relax a bit.

Was an overall decent performance yesterday and a fantastic result. 

Very often we come up woefully short in the 'must win' games and it's great to see we did the job yesterday. 

If you are a Dundee fan you are bitterly pissed off about that performance after the first 10 mins. Not a single moment of even looking like causing us trouble after we equalised. Gary Mac strolls back in after 8 months and looks like he'd never been away, so easy was his job yesterday. 

Mac, Mullen and Flynn all deserve massive mentions. Especially Flynn, he'd have been the first name on the GTF list in January and most Saints fans opinion of him was similar to what Dundee fans seem to make of Martin Woods but he's been tremendous since the winter break.

He was over every blade of grass yesterday and completely deserved his man of the match. Hopefully he's fit for Wednesday and next Saturday. 

I agree about Flynn, he's been a different player since January. the Livingston game and yesterday in particular.

Good to see Gary Mac and Mullen back in the team. Hopefully we can keep everybody fit between now and the end of the season.

Dundee are absolutely dreadful, so I let's not get ahead of ourselves after yesterday's win. 

he Hamilton game is huge, they've pulled our pants down a couple of times this season beat them and it drags them back into the mix, a loss and I'd reckon that would be them safe.

A midfield of McGinn, Magennis and Flynn looks pretty tasty now.

Agree with others, Flynn would have been one of my first out the door. Playing out wide never suited him.

Looks quality in the middle, has stepped up since McGinn has been toiling with his injury.

12 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I agree about Flynn, he's been a different player since January. the Livingston game and yesterday in particular.

Good to see Gary Mac and Mullen back in the team. Hopefully we can keep everybody fit between now and the end of the season.

Dundee are absolutely dreadful, so I let's not get ahead of ourselves after yesterday's win. 

he Hamilton game is huge, they've pulled our pants down a couple of times this season beat them and it drags them back into the mix, a loss and I'd reckon that would be them safe.

Regards Dundee they started better than us looked better organised in fact much better than us up in till the equaliser. Dundee are a team who lose confidence when they go behind like we do.  It's not over yet they are only two points behind.  Dundee had a brilliant support have you seen Hamilton bring that kind of support ? No chance. I hope we both stay up. Dundee is a good day out they are like us in many ways. Hamilton down please. They should be with that plastic pitch.   

Regards Dundee they started better than us looked better organised in fact much better than us up in till the equaliser. Dundee are a team who lose confidence when they go behind like we do.  It's not over yet they are only two points behind.  Dundee had a brilliant support have you seen Hamilton bring that kind of support ? No chance. I hope we both stay up. Dundee is a good day out they are like us in many ways. Hamilton down please. They should be with that plastic pitch.   
Can't see it myself - if we manage to stay up it would be at St Mirren's expense - Hamilton are bound to get another few spawny shitfest wins as they always do.

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
18 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Can't see it myself - if we manage to stay up it would be at St Mirren's expense - Hamilton are bound to get another few spawny shitfest wins as they always do.

I agree, just when you think they've hit the skids after a being on the end of a good doing they go and get a result against someone decent.

I take my hat off to them, it's impressive.

19 hours ago, johnnydun said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47768862

What the f**k is Woods doing at the first Midden goal?

Looks like he is trying to figure out how to put one foot in front of the other.

Looks like a poor audition for Riverdance if you ask me.  Hard to  believe there is something else Woods is worse at than football.  

On 30/03/2019 at 05:24, kevthedee said:

I was going to say that I doubt gowser will be playing but seeing as this game will be a scrappy hard fought battle then gowser might just play.

If he does hopefully he boots the f**k out of every st Mirren player.

Lol

Archived