The Paisley Buddies v Dundee

Huge numbers in the away end for Dundee today. Feared the worst when we went 1 down but credit to saints for keeping in there. After the equaliser there was only going to be one winner. Big game for us at Hamilton next week. One we can win though. Disappointed at some of our fans booing Jackson when he came on.

Never noticed this where I was sitting. Thought Jackson did more in the time he was on than the duck did. Didn’t look too interested today. Thought Mullen, Flynn, Baird and Mackenzie were outstanding today.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dindeleux said:

Just a few seconds too late or you would’ve had potential for long term P+B gold.

Unlucks

Already deleted the post. I can see where you got it wrong. Please delete that 

Dundee is shite. Ra Ra Ra.

Already deleted the post. I can see where you got it wrong. Please delete that 
Dundee is shite. Ra Ra Ra.

Yeh I think I’ll agree to being the c**t that caused this. Will hastily remove.

19 minutes ago, mylothedog said:

Disappointed at some of our fans booing Jackson when he came on.

I was in the family stand with my friend and his little girl today and every time he came out for a warm-up he got a nice clap. Didn’t hear any booing from where I was. 

Oops sorry Crawford I read this as girlfriend.

If indeed we are referring to a child then I apologize and hope she is ok. Just your weekend that is hopefully ruined.

Apologies again.

Shat it

Somebody had to lose sadly so feel a wee bit for Dundee.  Let's get Hamilton down. It's far from over just yet. 

I like you mate. Well done on a deserved victory.

I was in the family stand with my friend and his little girl today and every time he came out for a warm-up he got a nice clap. Didn’t hear any booing from where I was. 
Good to hear. I was in W7 and a few wee fannys started. Thought he done well when he came on.

Great result & thoroughly deserved. Dundee are hopeless, haven’t manage to beat us in 3 games.

In contrast to Wednesday night we showed a bit of fight & managed to get this over the line. If we had scored another goal or two it wouldn’t have flattered us at all.

Great performances from Mullen, Flynn & Gary Mac.

Nothing to lose on Wednesday but next Saturday is MASSIVE!

OK I'll admit it. McIntyre is shite and needs binned. 

However arguing about which of our recent managers is worse is pointless. As far as I'm concerned the blame for this clusterfuck lies entirely with Nelms. He started off reasonably well, but the last 2 seasons have been absolutely nonsense from start to finish. Chasing McCann like a drunk who's been knocked back by a munter at DeStihls was bad enough, failing to understand the Dodds situation, trying to organise the Dundee-Celtic league game in the states ... the list goes on. 

We won't move forward as a club until he's fucking emptied. 

On the plus side, at least we won't have the ignominy of being relegated by the DABs in a play off. 

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's that time for St Johnstone to hand Dundee a result, isn't it?

This. No idea why either set of fans is over reacting. St Mirren will lose to Celtic on Wednesday and Dundee will beat us, and their roles will be reversed again.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. No idea why either set of fans is over reacting. St Mirren will lose to Celtic on Wednesday and Dundee will beat us, and their roles will be reversed again.

This squad beating anyone should demand a match fixing investigation.  It is a dreadful team incapable of scoring or defending.

13 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

This squad beating anyone should demand a match fixing investigation.  It is a dreadful team incapable of scoring or defending.

From what I saw today, it is your central defence and central midfield that is the problem. Kusunga is a bomb scare, Woods thinks he's good but really isn't, and Robson hides. I think you have players in forward areas that can cause problems for teams, but they are likely to be seriously undermined by what's behind them. 

Great result for us, but still a long way to go, especially with us probably still to go to Dens after the split.

Huge, huge credit to Gary MacKenzie considering today was his first game in eleven months. That block towards the end was heroic stuff. Fair play to Kearney for bringing him and Mullen in today. Baird and Popescu were also very good.

Ryan Flynn was the standout again, really hope his injury wasn’t serious. I think a proper box to box midfielder is what we’ve been needing all season. Can’t help but think we’re getting the best of out him now he’s playing in the middle without an injured McGinn lumbering beside him.

It’s already been said but there was zero urgency from Dundee after we took the lead. Martin Woods was genuinely painful to watch even as a St Mirren fan. If Gowser is still half the player he was at Saints then he should be starting.

Jim McIntyre needs to go now - his persistence with donkey Martin Woods and tactical ineptness means we deserve to get relegated. The board has a lot to answer for - first McCann and now this. An utterly insipid performance after we scored so early - yet again we can't defend.

Archived