Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No shit Sherlock!
Iv tried to engage in reasoned debate with you in the past about mcglynn. I was met with the "open your eyes" or the "fanboy" nonsense.

We won 4-1 and your still managing to make a tit of yourself on the match thread[emoji122]

12 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

We weren't still in it at 2-1. You could tell after ten minutes that we were going to lose that game.

Thats your opinion but at 2-1 you are always still in the game...a bit like san marino yesterday up til the 2nd goal.They had chances to equalise.So no i dont buy what you are saying.The third goal is what killed it.

On 24/03/2019 at 08:59, Ross Forbes said:

I know I’ve hammered him a lot this season, but I genuinely cannot remember a goalkeeper who makes as few saves as Grant Adam. I’m not sure I’ve seen him make a single save I wouldn’t expect him to make all year. In fact I’m struggling to remember him making very many saves at all.

That third goal is totally inexcusable. It’s not even like there’s a low sun or a strong wind. He just makes a terrible decision and then comes out with all the conviction of an outfield player in a training game.

Doesn’t cover himself in glory for the fourth either. Pushing it right out into the middle of the box is the last place that should be going.

Combine that with his distribution and I think he’s actually worse than Mark Brown. Assuming we get rid of him in the summer he’ll be playing for Kelty Hearts or someone next year.

Hopefully Brennan gets a start next week and we sign a goalkeeper who can actually make saves in the summer. Aldo might be available, David Mitchell (who Duffy tried to sign at Morton) might be available, Derek Gaston has been dropped by Morton, so he could be available. We’ve been through some number of ‘keepers this season, and we’re long overdue a decent one.

Has Adam been basically guaranteed a game at Dumbarton due to injuries or is Duffy picking him over Brennan? FWIW I actually thought Adam was ok at Morton, though he's piled on the weight since he left us. I thought there would have been an issue between Duffy and Adam as he was binned suddenly by Duffy with no explanation. Rumours were he'd turned up steaming to training and we sacked him but there was no official word from the club. 

There's a good chance Gaston will be available in the summer though I reckon he could get another Championship squad. We've got some unheard of GK who'd been released from Newcastle U23s a few year ago :lol: signed up for next season, and will no doubt look into the loan market for another. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Has Adam been basically guaranteed a game at Dumbarton due to injuries or is Duffy picking him over Brennan? FWIW I actually thought Adam was ok at Morton, though he's piled on the weight since he left us. I thought there would have been an issue between Duffy and Adam as he was binned suddenly by Duffy with no explanation. Rumours were he'd turned up steaming to training and we sacked him but there was no official word from the club. 

There's a good chance Gaston will be available in the summer though I reckon he could get another Championship squad. We've got some unheard of GK who'd been released from Newcastle U23s a few year ago :lol: signed up for next season, and will no doubt look into the loan market for another. 

Our goalkeeping situation this year has been an absolute shambles, but in the simplest terms possible, aye Adam's getting picked ahead of Brennan.

Adam started the season as #1. Produced the single worst display I've ever seen from a goalkeeper against St Mirren, followed it up with some outrageously bad performances and then got injured. Jamie McGowan came in conceded five against Raith, and we signed Robbie Mutch who started ahead of him for a couple of games. Leo Fasan was sent off, Mutch was recalled and Chris Smith came in and did ok, before going on holiday and allowing McGowan another chance. He did well against Brechin, poorly against Raith and was then dropped for Smith, who started making more and more costly mistakes. Adam returned to fitness against Montrose on the final weekend in January (and then went off injured) but did alright (still drop kicked the ball off a teammates back twice mind you) and, despite still making a few mistakes, had started to look like he'd be ok until the end of the season. 

Brennan then came in against Raith at the end of February with Adam working and had a good game, but was instantly relegated back to the bench that weekend.

I understand why Jim doesn't want to change a team on a good run too much, but Brennan 100% has to start this weekend for me. Adam's used all his chances and, if the rumour above is true, I'd like to think Duffy will be keen to move him on in the summer.

Gaston's pals with Jamie Ewings I think - well he wears his gloves and they seem to have a few conversations on Twitter, with them both playing for Albion Rovers at the same time - so I'd like to think that a mixture of him and Duffy might be able to convince him to come across to us if he's a free agent. He's prime Buffon compared to most of the guys we've had this season.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Brennan has played 1 match when we had no other keeper available and was pretty good but Adam or Chris Smith (trialist/emergency loan) has played every other game. If Adam could concentrate he'd be a decent keeper I think but his decision making is certifiably mental. Gaston would be a dream given the keepers we've had in the last two years, he's good mates with Jamie Ewings too but I doubt we'd get him.

Adam’s kicking is up there with the poorest I’ve ever witnessed from a Sons goalie. It’s genuinely staggering how often he fucks up a simple punt. Of course it doesn’t help that he insists on contorting himself into the most awkward position when preparing to release the baw. 

Archived