Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I’ve hammered him a lot this season, but I genuinely cannot remember a goalkeeper who makes as few saves as Grant Adam. I’m not sure I’ve seen him make a single save I wouldn’t expect him to make all year. In fact I’m struggling to remember him making very many saves at all.

That third goal is totally inexcusable. It’s not even like there’s a low sun or a strong wind. He just makes a terrible decision and then comes out with all the conviction of an outfield player in a training game.

Doesn’t cover himself in glory for the fourth either. Pushing it right out into the middle of the box is the last place that should be going.

Combine that with his distribution and I think he’s actually worse than Mark Brown. Assuming we get rid of him in the summer he’ll be playing for Kelty Hearts or someone next year.

Hopefully Brennan gets a start next week and we sign a goalkeeper who can actually make saves in the summer. Aldo might be available, David Mitchell (who Duffy tried to sign at Morton) might be available, Derek Gaston has been dropped by Morton, so he could be available. We’ve been through some number of ‘keepers this season, and we’re long overdue a decent one.
Hard to disagree with this.

We've also seen the following this season...

- The worst left back in the history of Dumbarton Football Club, who has now completely gone missing with what is a "virus" that has lasted 3 months.

- The invisible man Michael Paton. Possibly one of the biggest shitebags I've ever seen on a football pitch.

- The worst captain in my lifetime, who was absolutely horrendous, bail on us midway through a relegation battle because he was apparently going offshore.

- Our marquee signing, and star striker, manage 5 league starts where he bumbled around doing nothing before disappearing for the entirety of the season.

You could almost compile an all time worst XI, with added gaffer, based on this season alone.

I know I’ve hammered him a lot this season, but I genuinely cannot remember a goalkeeper who makes as few saves as Grant Adam. I’m not sure I’ve seen him make a single save I wouldn’t expect him to make all year. In fact I’m struggling to remember him making very many saves at all.

That third goal is totally inexcusable. It’s not even like there’s a low sun or a strong wind. He just makes a terrible decision and then comes out with all the conviction of an outfield player in a training game.

Doesn’t cover himself in glory for the fourth either. Pushing it right out into the middle of the box is the last place that should be going.

Combine that with his distribution and I think he’s actually worse than Mark Brown. Assuming we get rid of him in the summer he’ll be playing for Kelty Hearts or someone next year.

Hopefully Brennan gets a start next week and we sign a goalkeeper who can actually make saves in the summer. Aldo might be available, David Mitchell (who Duffy tried to sign at Morton) might be available, Derek Gaston has been dropped by Morton, so he could be available. We’ve been through some number of ‘keepers this season, and we’re long overdue a decent one.

Don't give us any of yer numerous keepers crap boy.......

9 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Don't give us any of yer numerous keepers crap boy.......

How many did you have in the Locke season? Cuthbert, Lennox, Brennan, Stevenson, Penska (did Rory Brian play at all too?).

We've had Adam, Chris Smith, Robbie Mutch, Jamie McGowan and Conor Brennan (with coach Jamie Ewings as a sub). Cuthbert and Lennox look like Buffon and Van der Sar compared to that list. Christ, even Stevo looks like an appealing prospect.

Crazy how much of a meltdown we had at not signing Loy and going for Nisbet.

Shows what we know. Potential signing of a ‘name’ has us all excited. We forget the fact that all he has left going for him is a ‘name’ and if a ‘name’ is willing to sign for a League One team then something is not quite right.

Kev Nisbet is the new Brian Graham and we’re lucky to have him.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Definitely dodged a bullet on that one. What is the deal with loy Dumbarton fans? Is he actually injured?

His back is absolutely humped by all accounts. He's been trying everything to get it sorted apparently, but it's just having no impact.

Above all else I really feel for him on a personal level. In two seasons he's gone from being the most in demand striker in the Championship, to a guy who I'd be surprised to see play for us again. He came across really well on his Pelé Podcast and he was always a player I really liked when he was with Falkirk.

Highlights are up. Adam's howler for the third looks even more inexcusable from that angle. 

7 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Adam’s clanger on half time ended the game. We were very poor, but I still think we’ll be fine with the games left. 

Agree with you there.At 2-1 we were still in it.But that 3rd goal took any wind out of our sails.Also it has to be said we simply didnt compete 2nd half.DT had a poor game by his standards but the real problem was in the central defence.We are far better with Perry or Mclean in there.Carsy has to be in midfield.Also i think the team get ahead of themselves in the gallusness stakes.We are playing well aye  but we are not Man City or Juve.We need to stay humble and do the simple things right.Too many basic errors cost us.

Its all about next week now and a 6 pointer vs Stenny.Dare i say it..im feeling positive despite today.

First game I’ve been to in weeks, I think the last game I was at was the home game to Arbroath, even which I had to leave at HT.

Good performance today, was refreshing to see most people play for the short. Davo is absolutely finished though, any form of a long ball or pressure on him from any player and he absolutely sh!tes it, and then loses the plot at Thomson for any mistake he makes (this isn’t new however).
Bobby Barr, what a character eh, he was a massive outlet for Dumbarton yesterday, but was rarely used as the first option - thank f#ck! The Dumbarton keeper, is he your regular no.1? He was so truly dreadful, I don’t recall I single kick/goal kick from him that wasn’t shanked or totally f#cked when he hit it haha!
Buchanan motm for me, was unlucky not to get a 2nd goal, and Nisbet really should have had a hattrick.

Side note for RaithTV, the goal cam behind the goals is brilliant [emoji1319]

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

His back is absolutely humped by all accounts. He's been trying everything to get it sorted apparently, but it's just having no impact.

Above all else I really feel for him on a personal level. In two seasons he's gone from being the most in demand striker in the Championship, to a guy who I'd be surprised to see play for us again. He came across really well on his Pelé Podcast and he was always a player I really liked when he was with Falkirk.

Highlights are up. Adam's howler for the third looks even more inexcusable from that angle. 

Great highlights package. Whoever does it has a decent sense of humour. Big fan of the opening shot of the Dumbarton young team being accompanied by the Prodigy’s Firestarter if that was meant. Also nice to see almost 10 seconds being dedicated to the build up and aftermath of Barjonas’ being skelped square in the balls :lol:.

Much improved performance from us, helped by getting goals at key times. We seem to have Dumbarton's number this season and good to see this fixture keeping up its record for high scoring.

Dumbarton clearly have some major issues with balance in their squad but I think they have enough individual quality in key areas to see them comfortably safe in the end. For us, whilst yesterday was enjoyable it doesn’t really provide too much evidence that a corner has been turned. Home form hasn’t been the issue. We really need to follow it up with a win away from home next week. 

Archived