Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

Last summer this would have been a game most would have marked down as vital. Fast forward to today and it's a bit of a non event, for Raith at least. Dumbarton could probably do with the points more to secure safety, although their recent pick up in form sees them 6 clear of 9th at the moment. Raith Rovers just seem to be going through the motions, but with McGlynn being more hard hitting in his post match interview vs Forfar it'll be interesting* to see how they respond.

*it probably won't be that interesting.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mon Dumbarton

Even Dumbarton getting a point (paired with a victory for ourselves of course) could make next Saturday magic

Just focus on Forfar. There is absolutely no chance that we will win 6 points out of 6 over the next two matches.

Hopefully our players haven't lost any momentum with Saturday's postponement.

I'd like to believe they'll be itching to keep their great run of form going.

Goalfest, 2-3 Sons, The Dom-inator with a late, 86th minute clincher. 

If we do win the seethe from Frank should be good :)

56 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Hopefully our players haven't lost any momentum with Saturday's postponement.

I'd like to believe they'll be itching to keep their great run of form going.

Goalfest, 2-3 Sons, The Dom-inator with a late, 86th minute clincher. 

If we do win the seethe from Frank should be good :)

It doesn't matter anymore ! Haven't you heard Mcglynn is going to build a team that will walk the league next season apparently. :rolleyes:

Dumbarton Pre Match interview from Mcglynn was very interesting, I’m wanting to know what others think about it. He always mentions how fantastic the players are in training and how much work goes into the preparation during the week for the match at the weekend. If the players played as well as they do in training, we should be in the premiership by now.

2 hours ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Dumbarton Pre Match interview from Mcglynn was very interesting, I’m wanting to know what others think about it. He always mentions how fantastic the players are in training and how much work goes into the preparation during the week for the match at the weekend. If the players played as well as they do in training, we should be in the premiership by now.

He might get the Scotland job.

3 hours ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Been critical of McGlynn but he was passionate and obviously cares about the club

On 19/03/2019 at 17:13, Frank conner said:

It doesn't matter anymore ! Haven't you heard Mcglynn is going to build a team that will walk the league next season apparently. :rolleyes:

What about this season though? Raith may well go up via the playoffs, you never know.

One game at a time Frank.

We’re relying on McGuffie to supply the ammunition for the “strikers” in this as Dingwall is out. More injury woes. Really can’t wait for this season to be over. 0-2 Dumbarton

Rory Loy and Willie Dyer both out for us, unsurprisingly. Henk van Shaik back in the squad but I expect McLean and Barr will be our pairing at the back. Don't see any reason to change the line-up:

Adam

Ferguson -- Mango -- McLean -- Ballantyne

Forbes -- Hutton -- Carswell -- Boaby

Thomas -- Gallagher

Hopefully we're itching to get out there and play after last weeks call off, Raith are absolutely there for the taking and after watching the first few minutes of McGlynn's pre-match interview (am I f**k watching all 15 minutes of that) I would suggest he's feeling a bit of pressure.

13 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Been critical of McGlynn but he was passionate and obviously cares about the club

More than can be said regarding the players! I appreciate they have no love for the Rovers however take pride and show a bit of effort on a  Saturday it’s still there job at the end of the day. Listening to Mcglynn he’s honest he’s tried different formations and unfortunately having no cash and more injuries to contend with he can’t do anything with the team ,a team of mainly made up of Barry Smith players listening to his latest interview I think certain players times are up and changes will be made IMO for the better

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Well, certainly can't accuse him of not caring...... 

Yes Mcglynn cares about the club and you can't argue against the fact that he's passionate. Injuries have played a big part in our league campaign and this has effected his starting 11, but I still highly doubt him. I'm confident that we will take the 3 points tomorrow, yet if we don't go up this season I don't think Mcglynn is the man for the job.  

Archived