East Fife vs Brechin Match Thread

Yes we did fail, but everyone else hasn't, hence the position you are in. One of your own fans described it as anti-football, and they weren't far off it.
But as the man says " fair-doos" it worked for you yesterday , especially when we decided to adopt the 2 goal handicap system again.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CITY defense were excellent yesterday, keeping the fifers to a few long range efforts that Paddy dealt with quite easily. Corners were swept away with ease much to the frustration of the fifers. Brechin deserved their win simply because they were the better team.
Keep it going Brechin.

2 hours ago, smuggfifer said:
4 hours ago, 'Steve said:
You've failed to score against the worst side you've seen this season on THREE occasions. Interesting.

Yes we did fail, but everyone else hasn't, hence the position you are in. One of your own fans described it as anti-football, and they weren't far off it.

Some call it transition. 

At least we seem to have sorted the defence out.   Just need to instill a bit of confidence into the attacking side and we will be back challenging again.

5 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

What a bunch of shite bags. Hopefully the team has bigger bollocks than you lot. What would you have given at the start of the season to be in 4th place with 6 games to go? 

My bollocks are massive!

4th place with 6 games to go (whilst decent) doesn't really smooth over the capitulation though does it? We could still easily finish 5th/6th on recent form. I think we're all pretty satisfied with the season we've had but frustrated at the recent dip in form and bad results.

You can't understand that much then you can, quite frankly feck right off.

14 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

My bollocks are massive!

4th place with 6 games to go (whilst decent) doesn't really smooth over the capitulation though does it? We could still easily finish 5th/6th on recent form. I think we're all pretty satisfied with the season we've had but frustrated at the recent dip in form and bad results.

You can't understand that much then you can, quite frankly feck right off.

You don't appear to have taken into account the fact that EF  have been punching well above their weight for most of the season.  The recent dip in form is probably down to players running out of steam. 

Brechin have been there many times before and come play off time they have simply been knackered. 

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You don't appear to have taken into account the fact that EF  have been punching well above their weight for most of the season.  The recent dip in form is probably down to players running out of steam. 

Brechin have been there many times before and come play off time they have simply been knackered. 

I'm not disputing any of that and yes, it has been a good season. Ending that dismal run against the Rovers and a trip to Dublin being the highlights.

I'm also delighted that we've already signed up most of the lads for next season and sincerely hope Young stays.

Just can't be arsed with the likes of him for misinterpreting frustration for being a serial moaner.

Archived