East Fife vs Brechin Match Thread

Also telling that today was the first time this season that the players weren't applauded from the field, which has happened win, lose or draw this season, which I would think speaks volumes about the performance today!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also telling that today was the first time this season that the players weren't applauded from the field, which has happened win, lose or draw this season, which I would think speaks volumes about the performance today!!!
Not being applauded off the park will hurt them KK.

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You mean you were shite?

What a week to be a Scotland and East Fife supporter. Having to endure a humiliating defeat to a backwards shithole with 1970s technology, 1980s fashion where the main form of entertainment is shagging livestock... and Scotland got beat by Kazakhstan.

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

This is going to read kack-handed and insulting and full of sour grapes however I write this and it really isn't meant as such, but Brechin were there to be be beaten today, make no doubts about it, they were today, by far, the worst team I have seen roll up to the Nou Bayview this season, I'm not talking about the other games against them this term which were all fairly close, I'm talking about today, they were awful, but we, after an encouraging start, managed to be worse!!!
Their first goal was shit and I would love to see it again, just for its sheer awfulness. It was also their first and only attempt on target in the first half and their second doesn't even bare thinking about, on a plate I think the apt phrase would be, it would also be only their second (and last) attempt on target in the game!!!
Today is up there with the shocker that was Dumbarton away this season as being our worst performance of the season, in fact it was probably our worst performance at home that I can think of, in years!!!
DY has had a lot of plaudits this season but he has also got to take the blame where and when it is due and he got a lot wrong today, our top scorer playing out wide, arguably our best and most consistent player this season sitting on the bench, changes made to late to make a difference, too many defensive midfielders, our best attacking right midfielder playing right back when there is a full back option on the bench, continuing to persist with the only centre forward (wearing number 9 no less) who has still to score a goal in the League this season, there's probably more but it's hurting to much to think of them!!!
That and possibly every player deciding to have their worst game of the season at the same time, you just couldn't write it!!!
Anyway, I'm away to continue to dilute my whisky with my salty tears and hope that this was an aberration and like the aforementioned Dumbarton game that it is a watershed moment and that the players have a good talk amongst themselves at training and decide that they actually do want to make the playoffs this season, because today it looked like they were trying their damnedest to chuck it away!!!

Mon the Mo 

What a week to be a Scotland and East Fife supporter. Having to endure a humiliating defeat to a backwards shithole with 1970s technology, 1980s fashion where the main form of entertainment is shagging livestock... and Scotland got beat by Kazakhstan.

You obviously know nothing about Kazakhstan - from what i saw this week the people were well educated, cultured, tolerant of others and Astana was one of the most modern cities iv been to. They were also extremely friendly and hospitable with genuine desire to learn about other countries and cultures - if only we could say that about some of our own citizens!

59 minutes ago, jimg1162 said:

You obviously know nothing about Kazakhstan - from what i saw this week the people were well educated, cultured, tolerant of others and Astana was one of the most modern cities iv been to. They were also extremely friendly and hospitable with genuine desire to learn about other countries and cultures - if only we could say that about some of our own citizens!

Read the post again m8.

You mean you were shite?
Check Frank out.
You can always tell when the rovers have won, because this week Franks not a seething mess.
Remember the other week, when every league 1 forum member could hear you crying through every post.
Think you even made it to the heads gone thread [emoji106].
Take a step back Frank, relax, don't go to that angry place again.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

What a week to be a Scotland and East Fife supporter. Having to endure a humiliating defeat in a backwards shithole with 1970s technology, 1980s fashion where the main form of entertainment is shagging livestock... and Scotland got beat by Kazakhstan.

There. 

Fixed it for you. 

Nah.  You lot helped us out of that one.   Cheers !  

That must have been Agent Smith getting some payback for services rendered along the road, but as Scotty said don't count your chickens, your unlikely to be playing against teams as generous as we were again anytime soon!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That must have been Agent Smith getting some payback for services rendered along the road, but as Scotty said don't count your chickens, your unlikely to be playing against teams as generous as we were again anytime soon!!!

That's 3 times this season that Young hasn't been able to break down our defence.

That's 3 times this season that Young hasn't been able to break down our defence.

Yes, our free flowing, expansive brand of football does seem to stutter against the old "10 men behind the ball" formation!!!

21 hours ago, monthefife said:

Fair play to Brechin, they're still the worst side I've seen this season.

You've failed to score against the worst side you've seen this season on THREE occasions. Interesting.

You've failed to score against the worst side you've seen this season on THREE occasions. Interesting.
Yes we did fail, but everyone else hasn't, hence the position you are in. One of your own fans described it as anti-football, and they weren't far off it.

Archived