East Fife vs Brechin Match Thread

Was gonna avoid starting this, but I'm bored at work so might as well.

Our stretch of midweek games has come to an end, and we're still in the playoffs, but its time to get back to winning ways and win the games that on paper we "should" be winning.  Worst sentence ever.

Given Craigo looks out, we'll probably go 3 at the back again.

Long

Dunlop Meggatt Higgins

Dunsmore Sparky Watt  Davo Pat

Agnew

Tonks 

I'm not overly convinced by the Tonks Court partnership, they're not mobile enough as a duo to worry defences, hopefully Currie might get back and we can drop Agnew back a bit into central midfield with Currie supporting up front. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we nick all three at home than the recent goal-less draw with some who missed that game have returned to action. Need some ultra boosting win going into next saturdays derby match atleast and keep the gap from Mo/diamonds/sons alive and at completion for the POs!!

MonTheFife

Was gonna avoid starting this, but I'm bored at work so might as well.
Our stretch of midweek games has come to an end, and we're still in the playoffs, but its time to get back to winning ways and win the games that on paper we "should" be winning.  Worst sentence ever.
Given Craigo looks out, we'll probably go 3 at the back again.
Long
Dunlop Meggatt Higgins
Dunsmore Sparky Watt  Davo Pat
Agnew
Tonks 
I'm not overly convinced by the Tonks Court partnership, they're not mobile enough as a duo to worry defences, hopefully Currie might get back and we can drop Agnew back a bit into central midfield with Currie supporting up front. 

Court needs a goal! He is working so hard- the other players love him for his effort.... but he needs to score.m- I agree.

As for Tonks- unbelievable where he has come from- other teams ask where has he come from ie he cant be that good?-we EF fans ask where has he come from?- with support , particularly from midfield for his endless runs- more to come....

I think 50 points will be enough to secure 4th spot, so another 2 wins should just about do us.

With a tricky run of fixtures coming up, this is a game we should be winning especially now that we are returning to a near full strength team apart from Watson and possibly Murdoch.

We've got a decent points gap at the minute but with Dumbarton on the war path, I think we need 9/10 points from the remaining 7 games so winning this would make that a whole lot easier.

Assuming Watson, Murdoch, and Currie are still out, I'd like to see us go back to a similar shape from when we were on our good run. I'd rather put Kane in at RB than move Dunsmore back or shift to a back 3...

Long

Kane - Dunlop - Meggat - Slattery

Dunsmore - Davidson - Docherty - Watt

Agnew

Dowds

3 years of anti football does knock your enthusiasm.

We are all fed up

You are more of a broken record than our football. If you’re not interested any more then don’t post. Every thread I see more or less the same post from you.

I’ll be there tomorrow to give my support regardless. This is OUR club and I’d hate us to go down after two decades of hard work to keep out of the bottom tier.

We've got a decent points gap at the minute but with Dumbarton on the war path, I think we need 9/10 points from the remaining 7 games so winning this would make that a whole lot easier.

Don't want to shit in your mince, but mind we've still to play them again, so that'll probably 3 points off your calculations!!!☹️

We really should be winning this, but I've said that about quite a few games recently, so we'll see what we'll see I suppose!!!

I am expecting a difference in Watt though, along the lines of what we have seen recently with #PatSlatt, it's no coincidence, I don't think, that the upturn in Pat's performance levels recently was around the time he signed his contract extension, I really believe that now knowing that he has secured his footballing future for the next couple of seasons has seen him play a lot better and in a more relaxed style, he's not trying to prove himself to the manager anymore, trying to prove that he's worth a job offer next season or be worried that he's going to be punted. He now knows he's obviously important to the manager and worthy of his place and that now shows in his play, he's also scoring goals which is an added benefit, I would like to think that we will see the same from Watt, who I think has played nothing like as well as he can recently, nowhere near as well as he was at the start of the season, knowing that the manager has confidence in him and has given him a two year deal is going to work wonders for his confidence and hopefully we shall see that today!!!

I would start with court and Dowds up top bringing Kev and Currie on. Hopefully ends up that their defence is nackered and they run riot.

Fingers crossed

Is RC19 back for this???

East Fife 0-1 Brechin City

Hill (33mins)

Not seen a more one sided game as this in a long time and Brechin score from their first decent cross into the box!!!

Will be interesting to see the video in that one, the Linesman didn't give it and the Ref only seemed to give it after their players shouted for it!!!

HT
East Fife 0-1 Brechin City
All the possession but not doing anything with it, their keeper has only had to make 2 saves, too many cross field passes not enough going forward!!!

Archived