Friday Night's Okay for Football - PTFC Vs ICT

I like that it's deemed unreasonable to expect pundits to know simple things like where both sides are in the league. I'd expect a child to be able to work that out with 30 seconds of research.
Apparently the small budget means you can't expect presenters to know complex stuff like that though, oh well.

The small budget means you get shite presenters.

As an aside I read today that the BBC spent more tarting up the Eastenders set than they did on the entire BBC Scotland channel.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're speaking like he's new to television emoji38.png He's been on Sportscene for years. He still spoke like a pundit (which I think he's normally ok as) but clearly isn't presenter material. I refuse to believe their budget is so pitiful they can't afford to pay a presenter.

Their budget is pitiful.

It's clear that they are trying to be a bit different in their delivery.

I'd hate to be your pupil or trainee.

I’m not getting all this negativity re the channel. The channel, on the whole,so far has been great. It’s just that no one thought to use presenters who know much about Championship football.
Apparently the ones they have are quite popular.

Caldwell’s got to take the blame for that (although he obviously won’t).

The starting line up was a disaster. No pace or width. When we won the ball back we had no options or idea what to do. Bannigan was moved out of position to the left of a diamond with McMillan taking what should’ve been his role. McMillan was lost and offered nothing which is understandable as he was also out of position. Slater wasted out on the right as well. Harkins has been hopeless since coming back so no idea why he’s started ahead of Spittal. He’s done. Not a clue why Mansell was playing either. The boy’s not a footballer and offers absolutely nothing. The game passed him by.

Thought Anderson was poor again and it was dreadful from him and Saunders for both goals. We improved when Spittal and Storey came on but as soon as ICT scored the 2nd the game was done.

Very worrying.

You’re right
There was still 10 mins of regular time plus stoppage time - but the Thistle players gave up.

INCOMING

CROWD w**k ALERT

INCOMING

Just clocked the attendance for this game last night, 2.149, that is absolutely pathetic for a vital game for Partick Thistle, even allowing for the fact that it was live on the box. The club might not have given up on them staying up but it seems like their fans have.

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Why is Gary Caldwell such a terrible manager?

Oh no was this on BBC Thomson?

Was on my International break and watched England move in to the winners circle, well normal ITV pundits view.

Only got the good news on Queens Fanzie today.

Pity maths don't work for next Saturday but a win for the Ton could end both our seasons.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

That Caley winner was a cracking finish.

All the goals were pretty decent. Walsh loves a goal at Firhill...:green

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Oh no was this on BBC Thomson?

Was on my International break and watched England move in to the winners circle, well normal ITV pundits view.

Only got the good news on Queens Fanzie today.

Pity maths don't work for next Saturday but a win for the Ton could end both our seasons.

5c960ae874de4_giphy(4).gif.df051b324ff725f40d9d3995c4848214.gif

INCOMING
CROWD w**k ALERT
INCOMING
Just clocked the attendance for this game last night, 2.149, that is absolutely pathetic for a vital game for Partick Thistle, even allowing for the fact that it was live on the box. The club might not have given up on them staying up but it seems like their fans have.

Shocked this came from a Falkirk fan tbh.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:
That's a Friday night and £20 entry I'll never get back. Absolutely fucked off with the club. It's a swing between anger and absolute apathy. Surviving this season will be apathy. Going down will be full heads gone square going Low anger.

Just calm the f**k down. It's been a shite season for you guys but all will be forgotten when you get a late winner to keep you up and send us down at the start of May. Just think of the scenes man.

They'll be relegated before that game. 

Why are Falkirk fans so obsessed with having a crowd w**k? It’s no one else’s fault if they’re such a bunch of dribbling troglodytes that they don’t know how to vote with their feet.

26 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Why are Falkirk fans so obsessed with having a crowd w**k? It’s no one else’s fault if they’re such a bunch of dribbling troglodytes that they don’t know how to vote with their feet.

You'll never get a bigger bunch of wankers than Falkirk fans.

23 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

fan

noun (2)

Definition of fan (Entry 3 of 3)

1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

So, basically, Falkirk fans are extremely loyal and devoted which is the whole point of being a fan, supporting the team through thick and thin. The attendance last night tends to suggest that Partick Thistle "fans" really aren't fans at all.

Archived