Friday Night's Okay for Football - PTFC Vs ICT

The home team are running out games so like every other game until season's end this is looking like a must win game.

Thistle need to rest the legs as best as possible and hopefully we can take the game to our visitors. Getting over an hour from Joe Cardle could be crucial. Also need Bannigan, Slater and Spittal to step up after sub-par performances on Saturday.

Not sure what GC will go with tactics/ formation wise. Possibly a switch to a diamond or even a 3-5-2 if Ando is back.

ICT still have an outside chance of the playoffs and it'll be interesting how they turn up for this.

We badly need three points but I'm not overly confident of getting them but I can only hope we do...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I wouldn’t say we have an outside chance of the play-offs, it would be pretty disappointing if we missed out on them and I’d say we have a good chance of getting in.

Despite not playing last week, I hope our decent form will carry into this one and our next 3 games after (Falkirk, Alloa & Ayr). Unaware if McDonald or Walsh are back but regardless I’m hopeful for a win. Hopefully jagfox goes home in tears.

AGAIN

Could really do with Anderson back for this one.

Could also really do with never seeing Miles Storey in a Thistle shirt ever again, or failing that, for him to suddenly learn the basics of how to play football over the next three days.

We can get to 7th with a win. 

2-2.

One positive omen is I think ICT are the only team we've beaten in a league game on the TV not counting Alba games.

Bannigan any time yellow must be about 1/6 at the bookies most weeks if it's offered but I'd be all over it for the reasons above.

edit: looked more into the TV games with the aid of stuthejag's page here  (I discounted delayed Alba games and added in a couple of home league games vs Celtic which were missed presumably as they blended into one another and games from 17-18 onwards)

That TV record in full: Played 55, won 5, drawn 12, lost 38 (thirty-eight)

Even stripping out games vs the two arse cheeks leaves: played 31, won 5, drawn 11, lost 15

Jesus fucking Christ.

On 3/19/2019 at 14:49, Fuctifano said:

One positive omen is I think ICT are the only team we've beaten in a league game on the TV not counting Alba games.

Bannigan any time yellow must be about 1/6 at the bookies most weeks if it's offered but I'd be all over it for the reasons above.

edit: looked more into the TV games with the aid of stuthejag's page here  (I discounted delayed Alba games and added in a couple of home league games vs Celtic which were missed presumably as they blended into one another and games from 17-18 onwards)

That TV record in full: Played 55, won 5, drawn 12, lost 38 (thirty-eight)

Even stripping out games vs the two arse cheeks leaves: played 31, won 5, drawn 11, lost 15

Jesus fucking Christ.

Awful yet 5 wins was more than i'd have expected.

We were absolute horseradish in the game at the end of January but we were missing some key players. However, even with those key players we were also horseradish when we stole a victory against Partick last November (?).

Hopefully we will turn in a good performance on Friday. Three points are really needed to keep pace with the sudden upturn in the Pars fortunes and recent performances have been pretty encouraging. That said I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us lose. 

10 hours ago, RiG said:

We were absolute horseradish in the game at the end of January but we were missing some key players. However, even with those key players we were also horseradish when we stole a victory against Partick last November (?).

Now I'm craving roast beef.

Driving through for this after work today. Where would be the best place to leave the motor relatively near the ground or is it best just to bung it into Buchannan Galleries then get the underground out?

Caley have been tough to beat generally and are the match of the top sides in the league on any given day, so they'll lose this 2-1.

Archived