6870 v 89 Title Decider

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

What an inspired team selection by Robbie Neilson, picking two left backs and one striker was a masterstroke. Ross County couldn't cope with that tactical masterclass.

I knew it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted to have been wrong with my concerns. Sounds like McMullan had one of his better games and it's good to see a goal come from somebody other than Clark or Safranko. There's still a lot of ground to be made up on County so we can't get too carried away with this result, but at least it leaves us with a slim hope of catching them rather than our chances dead in the water. Hopefully we can use this a springboard to string a couple of wins together so by the time we play County again we've a chance to close the gap to really uncomfortable margins for them.

That was awful. United had the better of the first ten minutes and deservedly went one up. After that it was one way traffic - particularly in the second half when, apart from a solitary one on one that should have been converted, United offered nothing. 

A really frustrating game to lose. One of those that you could play a hundred times and have that result maybe ten times. The saving grace is that there is absolutely no way in hell that United team is catching us unless they can play significantly better than that. They were eye-bleedingly awful, and I take a small solace in the fact that we were slightly better than they were. If only we had got the point we deserved. 

7 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

That was awful. United had the better of the first ten minutes and deservedly went one up. After that it was one way traffic - particularly in the second half when, apart from a solitary one on one that should have been converted, United offered nothing. 

A really frustrating game to lose. One of those that you could play a hundred times and have that result maybe ten times. The saving grace is that there is absolutely no way in hell that United team is catching us unless they can play significantly better than that. They were eye-bleedingly awful, and I take a small solace in the fact that we were slightly better than they were. If only we had got the point we deserved. 

I think you must have had a few visits to the toilet and missed a decent amount of the second half.  

I was relieved once Graham came on - a carthorse only eclipsed by the one he replaced.  

7 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

images.jpeg.175a1c42bcb20658ec81b8a9888c5fe7.jpeg

Hi Stuart, hiya pal!

At least your not bitter............[emoji15]

Overall I thought County deserved a draw, although United had better chances in the match. McMullan kept a poor County backline occupied all night but produced little of note.

In the midfield, County performed strongly, sometimes too strongly, but Mr Collum allowed things to flow, so I can't criticise players for using such tactics.

Not too many players on either side stood out for ability, Gardyne has guile, and contrary to County fans here Stewart also looked a difficult player to play against. McMullan is a hard worker for United with little end product, Robson caused difficulties with his energy too.

Three huge games for us now will be Dundee United at home, Ayr away and the re-arranged Caley game in Inverness. Not to mention the always tricky Alloa away and finishing up at Falkirk who could still be scrapping to avoid relegation.

There’s a vid on Twitter (behind a locked account) that clearly shows Reynolds stopping Gardyne’s shot with his hand.  The arms are vaguely down to his side, but I think they stick out enough for their position to be deemed unnatural ie handball.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Three huge games for us now will be Dundee United at home, Ayr away and the re-arranged Caley game in Inverness. Not to mention the always tricky Alloa away and finishing up at Falkirk who could still be scrapping to avoid relegation.

Win at Alloa and the next three home games and the others will barely be relevant.

23 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Win at Alloa and the next three home games and the others will barely be relevant.

That's a fair point. We've had struggles down at Recreation Park before though, so I'm not taking anything for granted.

Good to see a bit of fight from the team tonight, thought McMullan running in behind was very good.

Win our next two games and we are two behind Ross County, put a bit of pressure on them before they play.

I think you are home to us after those 2 games so I’m sure you’ll be looking for 3 points in that too. Mind you by the time that game comes around we won’t have lost (played) for 3 weeks [emoji1]

Archived