Stranraer v Champs elect

I think they call this in the business a free hit for Stranraer.A win and it's a smashing result,draw and it's a good point and defeat no surprise.A win against Stenny last Saturday was imperative as we knew Arbroath were on the horizon and slight dip of form or not they are the best in the League.Our 4 games against the lichties this season have all been tight scorelines apart from the 3-1 at Gayfield earlier on in the season.The blues could possibly name the same side for the 3rd game in a row,which has been a rarity this term.Really impressed by our on loan midfielder from StJohnstone ,Ali McCann,and hopefully him and young star Kyle Turner can do the business.Still a very young looking squad,they will be tested by the experienced Arbroath side.After the Stenny result the pressure is of slightly and the blues can go in with a bit of confidence.Hopefully the Red lichties will bring a few down as this season has been horrific for attendances from travelling fans,even Raith could only muster about 50.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they call this in the business a free hit for Stranraer.A win and it's a smashing result,draw and it's a good point and defeat no surprise.A win against Stenny last Saturday was imperative as we knew Arbroath were on the horizon and slight dip of form or not they are the best in the League.Our 4 games against the lichties this season have all been tight scorelines apart from the 3-1 at Gayfield earlier on in the season.The blues could possibly name the same side for the 3rd game in a row,which has been a rarity this term.Really impressed by our on loan midfielder from StJohnstone ,Ali McCann,and hopefully him and young star Kyle Turner can do the business.Still a very young looking squad,they will be tested by the experienced Arbroath side.After the Stenny result the pressure is of slightly and the blues can go in with a bit of confidence.Hopefully the Red lichties will bring a few down as this season has been horrific for attendances from travelling fans,even Raith could only muster about 50.

A full supporters bus is heading down so there is 50 already guaranteed. Will that Pavilion Bar be open again? They were very welcoming on our fancy dress day down there earlier in the season.

As for the team I don’t think any of us can predict who D.C will select.

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

A full supporters bus is heading down so there is 50 already guaranteed. Will that Pavilion Bar be open again? They were very welcoming on our fancy dress day down there earlier in the season.

As for the team I don’t think any of us can predict who D.C will select.

Great stuff.The pavilion bar will probably be open but not 100 per cent certain,if not travel into the town centre where the Stranraer fc fitba bar will welcome you boys and girls with open arms,about 10 mins walk from Stair pk.

Great stuff.The pavilion bar will probably be open but not 100 per cent certain,if not travel into the town centre where the Stranraer fc fitba bar will welcome you boys and girls with open arms,about 10 mins walk from Stair pk.

Thank you friend!

I’d like to think that our wobble is over after the win on Saturday. Particularly pleasing that the former Stranraer player, Donnelly is at last getting some praise from the Lichtie fans. Both he and Ryan Wallace could add some edge to this encounter.
A great away day at Stranraer despite the A77 switchback. Looking forward to it.

Just win so Forfar away has the chance to be huge, Raith have a tough game with Dumbarton too, they drop anything then the 30th turns into a potential clincher

Bobby Linn is gonna really step up these next few games I can feel it, goal for him a cert

A draw might not be a bad result for both teams here.The blues are gradually getting to that magic 40 point mark and a draw here would probably mean another couple of wins should be sufficient.As for Arbroath a point closer to the title and honestly think Forfar or A N other are not good enough to rack up enough points to catch the Red lichties even now,but another couple of victories would make sure.

A draw might not be a bad result for both teams here.The blues are gradually getting to that magic 40 point mark and a draw here would probably mean another couple of wins should be sufficient.As for Arbroath a point closer to the title and honestly think Forfar or A N other are not good enough to rack up enough points to catch the Red lichties even now,but another couple of victories would make sure.

I’m sure a win here would give us the opportunity to win the league at Station Park next week!

Archived