The 'Tremendous' Tales of Tightfistedness Thread

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Buckled at a £50 polo shirt being described as "obscene". What a tink. 

Borderline racist term of abuse aside, £50 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a label on a t-shirt...

Borderline racist term of abuse aside, £50 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a label on a t-shirt...
The idea that there is no difference in quality between various brands of clothing is beyond stupid, and it follows that you would have to pay more for higher quality.

So if someone wishes to attain a higher quality t shirt, are you saying 50 quid is obscene for that?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The idea that there is no difference in quality between various brands of clothing is beyond stupid, and it follows that you would have to pay more for higher quality.

So if someone wishes to attain a higher quality t shirt, are you saying 50 quid is obscene for that?

No. I said £50 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a label on a t-shirt...

16 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

No. I said £50 is a ridiculous amount to pay for a label on a t-shirt...

Bit of an oversimplification to say that folk are only paying for a label when that is (in many cases) totally wrong. 

On 19/03/2019 at 08:44, Hedgecutter said:

I find it staggering that some people wait for 1p change in a charity shop. Seen it happen. 

Just had a flashback to my old Green Final paper round. Cycling through all manner of weather (boo hoo) to deliver the latest resounding Dons triumphs to the good people of Elgin, one December evening the Van was late in delivering the papers due to heavy snow. Papers didn’t get to Elgin until after 8pm. Did my round which normally would take an hour but the old Ultra Burner toiled through the snow and it took near 2 hours. Last paper delivered heroically at just before 10pm and the miserable rich old c**t demanded his 2 pence change (18p for the paper in those days). p***k.

My manager in my previous job used to take all of the tea bags and the coffee sachets home from hotels whenever she stayed over. Taking the toiletries (if they are decent) is something most of us probably do as they are very handy for hand luggage when flying, but taking the tea and coffee? Jaikie behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

My manager in my previous job used to take all of the tea bags and the coffee sachets home from hotels whenever she stayed over. Taking the toiletries (if they are decent) is something most of us probably do as they are very handy for hand luggage when flying, but taking the tea and coffee? Jaikie behaviour. 

I take my own coffee to a hotel, these wee sachets of nescafe are horrible.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I take my own coffee to a hotel, these wee sachets of nescafe are horrible.

I'm in hotels one or two nights every week. My wife bought me a wee stainless steel travel kettle because the plastic kettles in most hotels make the water taste foul. I also take a mug in case the room has those tiny cups that it's impossible to gauge the correct amounts in. 

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

You have to take it. It’s paid for. Even the decaf.

Saw an opened packet of biscuits lying on the pavement yesterday , naebody else around.

Euro Shopper Chocolate Chip Cookies , Best Before July 2019  , Twin Pack for £1.

One of the two packs was gone , the other still in the clear ,cellophane wrapper , unopened. The cookies inside were still intact.

I moved to pick it up , but wife said "You're nae picking that up, disna matter that it's nae been opened.....somebody might've injected it wi' something"

Would it have been tight-fistedness to pick them up with a view to eating them myself ?

Edited to add that the ground where the biscuits were lying was clean

Edited by A96

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Saw an opened packet of biscuits lying on the pavement yesterday , naebody else around.

Euro Shopper Chocolate Chip Cookies , Best Before July 2019  , Twin Pack for £1.

One of the two packs was gone , the other still in the clear ,cellophane wrapper , unopened. The cookies inside were still intact.

I moved to pick it up , but wife said "You're nae picking that up, disna matter that it's nae been opened.....somebody might've injected it wi' something"

Would it have been tight-fistedness to pick them up with a view to eating them myself ?

Yes, but also horrendously jakey.

2 hours ago, A96 said:

Image result for what the fuck gif

3 hours ago, A96 said:

Saw an opened packet of biscuits lying on the pavement yesterday

Aye, I hear they're thinking of carrying out open heart surgery on the pavements such is the cleanliness these days.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I hear they're thinking of carrying out open heart surgery on the pavements such is the cleanliness these days.

Probably cleaner than the pigeon-shit infested hospital that was in the news a wee while back