The 'Tremendous' Tales of Tightfistedness Thread

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I got an email yesterday from somebody asking if he could send an additional invoice for a taxi fare he forgot to claim back in May.  It was for £5.60.

Eta: Bristow heliport to Aberdeen airport

4 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

That's such a short distance he could have walked, even with his offshore bags. I hope you ignored him or told him to ram it.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

"Happy to oblige.  However there will be a £8.40 processing fee, which we could reduce to £7.00 if you just send us a cheque for £1.40 and we call it quits."

I think the more fun decision here is to string it out a bit and see how tight-fisted he is. Slow-roll the response, reference reviewing regulations, ask a clarifying question or three in separate emails, etc…

I had a mate who would always nip straight to the toilet when we arrived at a pub to avoid buying the first round. Was always trying to wrangle his way out of buying a round, and could see how much it hurt him when it was his shout. Made decent money as well, just a tight b*****d.

1 minute ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I had a mate who would always nip straight to the toilet when we arrived at a pub to avoid buying the first round. Was always trying to wrangle his way out of buying a round, and could see how much it hurt him when it was his shout. Made decent money as well, just a tight b*****d.

If you are saying that you have a 'mate' who expects to drink for free, then you need to get rid of the grippy cvnt.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I had a pal who used to be one of those “Transfer me that £3.85 when you can mate” folk. Think it might’ve been cause he didn’t earn much at the time because nowadays he flings money about like nobody’s business.

One of my mates is like this. Borrows £20 or whatever then when tables have turned got a three day lead up to pay day asking g if I'll have that money, 6am payday text can I transfer it.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

One of my mates is like this. Borrows £20 or whatever then when tables have turned got a three day lead up to pay day asking g if I'll have that money, 6am payday text can I transfer it.

:lol: Drops a pound coin it’d hit him in the back of the head. 

Completely forgot earlier for my initial post, my great aunt is absolutely fucking loaded and the stingiest woman you’ll ever meet. My mum takes her out for lunch and they’ll go to spoons, she’ll get a burger and chips. Maybe only eats the actual burger and a few chips. Out comes the plastic sandwich bags and the chips and burger bun get fired in. She reheats the chips and has them for her dinner. 

She was moaning to my mum that it was cold Last winter but refused to put the heating as that would cost money. She has investments all over the joint and could easily pay to have it on more often but just grudges paying the money. 

However, her IFA told her she had to start giving money away so my sister and I got significant gifts from her when we were buying our first houses. She is generous in that sense but seems to loathe spending any actual money on herself

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

:lol: Drops a pound coin it’d hit him in the back of the head. 

Completely forgot earlier for my initial post, my great aunt is absolutely fucking loaded and the stingiest woman you’ll ever meet. My mum takes her out for lunch and they’ll go to spoons, she’ll get a burger and chips. Maybe only eats the actual burger and a few chips. Out comes the plastic sandwich bags and the chips and burger bun get fired in. She reheats the chips and has them for her dinner. 

She was moaning to my mum that it was cold Last winter but refused to put the heating as that would cost money. She has investments all over the joint and could easily pay to have it on more often but just grudges paying the money. 

However, her IFA told her she had to start giving money away so my sister and I got significant gifts from her when we were buying our first houses. She is generous in that sense but seems to loathe spending any actual money on herself

You find that sometimes with people who have money. In my previous role with the bank you'd have old dears with £200k plus sitting in savings who'd call to complain they believed their interest payment was 6p short 

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I got an email yesterday from somebody asking if he could send an additional invoice for a taxi fare he forgot to claim back in May.  It was for £5.60.

Lazy b*****d it's less than a 5 minute walk ffs.

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I had a similar mate that did that.

He also took his girlfriend out for a pizza then said he'd forgotten his wallet.  She gave him the cash and he went up to pay producing a "buy one get another for 1p" voucher and pocketed her money.

Grippit c**t is now in jail for fraud, unsuprisingly.

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bristow Heliport? If that's near Dublin he could have taken the DART 

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I once had a taxi driver go apoplectic with rage, because me and my mate jumped in a taxi at bristows and directed him to the speedbird hotel as he pulled away. He stopped the car briefly and suggest that we could easily walk it. 
“we could, but we’d much prefer you to drive us there” wasn’t really the response he was looking for from my mate. He spent the entire 45 second car journey ranting at us that we’ve wasted a good chunk of his afternoon, as he’d be at the back of the queue again. £4.50 fare and my mate even took his 50p change, as the driver was such a knob. 

He was obviously just furious that he couldn’t fleece someone for £20 into town. 

ETA… it was pissing down and I’d usually just walk it. 

Edited by MONKMAN

17 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

He also took his girlfriend out for a pizza then said he'd forgotten his wallet.  She gave him the cash and he went up to pay producing a "buy one get another for 1p" voucher and pocketed her money.

But did it get him his nat king on this occasion?

18 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Surely all that's left after he's paid is 1p?

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

He didn't tell her he had the voucher.  She paid for his too as he didn't have his wallet.

Of course!

I am trying to give up the fags and my brain isn't working as it should.