The 'Tremendous' Tales of Tightfistedness Thread

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I don't get that mentality at all. How on Earth do you see someone raking in bins for discarded food and feel anything other than pity?

Typical sociopath mentality and management is full of them.

15 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Typical sociopath mentality and management is full of them.

Yeah. That guy from the story from KB about pouring bleach onto the bread to stop people who clearly need the food from eating it needs locked up/a good hiding. Cuntish behaviour of the highest order.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Agree with this. My ex's family were awful for it. They lived in quite a nice house, all 4 members of the family had a car each and they liked to spend money on expensive holidays and loved forking out "brand" stuff (my ex bought an iphone despite preferring a different model and bought one of those stupid wee Audi A1's instead of a similar car for half the price). But, head out for dinner and the tables turned.  I lost count of the times the father/grandad got money off a meal or a free round of drinks and it utterly disgusted me.  They would complain about anything, temperature of the food, flatness of the beer, dirtiness of the plate/table, music too loud, poor service and they would make sure their complaint was loud enough for another table to hear. They didn't really want the money off or the free drinks, it was all about grandstanding to the others at the table. I always sat there hoping the waiter would dip his cock in his meal.

My step daughter moved to London as a student. Her and her pals decided to be freegans. They sneaked in a yard behind the bakers and "stole" whatever got put out. The manager caught them and asked if they came to the front of the shop at shutting time he'd put a few bags of stuff together for them.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

decided to be freegans.

4 hours ago, mathematics said:

You wot?

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Eat out of bins basically.

I hope you brought her straight home.

On 3/18/2019 at 15:44, Shotgun said:

I see it's been mentioned up-thread that it's invariably the most comfortably off who are the tightest-fisted. Now, you could make the argument that this is why they're comfortably off but in my experience, many of them seem to enjoy the game of cheating people with a fraction of their resources. Just because they can.  A mate of mine was a self-employed builder/handyman and he said he hated working for rich people (specifically, the guy who was my boss at the time) because while he needed the work, it was always such a hassle trying to get paid afterwards.

We also had a lad in our social circle for while (a friend of friend type deal), who would make a point of being the last to buy a round in the hopes that the barman would call time before his turn came up. Would he buy first the next time? Would he f**k. And yet he probably earned 2-3 times more than any of the rest of us. One time after he pulled this crap 3 or 4 nights in a row, I went up to get the drinks in and came back with one for everybody except him. He was absolutely livid and genuinely couldn't see why I was 'cheating him.' It was quite entertaining really and after that, everyone else just left him out of the round and he was forced to go to the bar by himself each time.

Reminds me of the story of a Electrician i knew Did a job for some posh tubes Sent in the bill for labour at £17,50p a hour A year later he is back doing another job for them and has put his price up to £18 a hour They took the 50p a hour off the bill as he had not told them he had put his hourly rate up 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
On 20/03/2019 at 15:06, coprolite said:
You aren't allowed to sell it past its date. 
You can give it away when the shop is shut on the last day. 
There is nothing to compel anyone to take extreme measures to stop people recovering unsold food from the bin, except moral hazard and not wanting smelly folk hanging around the shop. 

Tesco have a charity that comes in to take food that is going out of date that we couldn't sell on that day. 5 different local charities we use.

Did you keep your job or have you not found out yet?

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Been put back 1 week for the heatmap, so will be a few weeks ( i think) after that before i find out who is getting punted or moved on etc.

Good luck mate. Hope the care thing worked out.

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
On 21/03/2019 at 22:55, G_Man1985 said:
Here is hoping. Can start whenever I want with that. Want to hear back from Tesco first before I decide what is best or I wanna do

f**k Tesco, shower of Shite.

..is  the name of their own brand shower gel.