The 'Tremendous' Tales of Tightfistedness Thread

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

To be fair, I'd have done the same. If they were going to be pissy about giving me a glass of tap water, I'd set out to inconvenience them as much as I could just to annoy them. Ask for a receipt, claim the glass is dirty, and so on.

I'm sure the barstaff set the prices for each item, as it's well known that those lowest in the chain of a company make all such decisions.

I've got one. 

Ex mate of mine would party sweep peoples drinks when they put them down and somehow never once got taken up on it. Sure enough when i went up to the bar he'd magically appear expecting a drink despite having someone elses drink in his hands. Also took an empty tables leftover booze and poured it all in to one glass.

Gave him a lift to uni everyday for about a month, asked him to nip in a get a paper for me (was 2006 when people used them) and asked me for the 30p it cost.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Had to do that once, at Crail. Pretty certain he ripped off my neighbour as we took his son along too. 

There is somebody at B&Q asking for samples of diesel?! :huh:

The racing circuit?

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Is there not some obscure law where in that situation it'd be illegal for you to lift the carcass but if I parked up behind you and did so that'd be legal?

No sure but my Dad's friend hit one in his motor (my dad was a passenger) near Stanley and they got the local butcher to carve up the spoils!

I've got a mate who is as tight as a drum.  He honestly chases you for £3 and texts you his bank details so you can transfer him the money.  

The rest of us are just like 'You can get me a pint next time we're out'.  Or the better reply 'Don't worry about it mate'.

I've got a mate who is as tight as a drum.  He honestly chases you for £3 and texts you his bank details so you can transfer him the money.  
The rest of us are just like 'You can get me a pint next time we're out'.  Or the better reply 'Don't worry about it mate'.
Its difficult to equate a cash value to time/effort....

But I wouldnt dream of going to the effort of writing a text for 3 quid.

A wee restaurant near my parent's flat in Benidorm owned by an English couple and where I'd been in most evenings for a wine or 3. My last night before flying home, took my parents there when my mum realised she didn't have bread to make me a sandwich for the plane (I'm 52 ffs). Despite me saying not to worry, my dad asks the owners for two slices of bread and explains why. The English couple have a quick chat with each other before he comes out with two slices of white bread and sticks his hand out - "One Euro".

Meritas in Benidorm - tight fisted c***s

I have a mate who won a watch in a raffle, then sold it to his maw for £200 cos his da wanted that exact watch for christmas, it was a golf watch thing or something.

More luck than tightfistedness but I needed a new pair of running shoes. Saw a pair of Adidas that ticked all the boxes but pangs of tightness overtook me and I decided against paying the £70 or whatever they were. Later that day, browsing in a charity shop, I saw the exact same pair. They were my size, looked unworn (probably because the previous owner had his retinas burned out by the fluorescent orange shoes). £15. Still going strong. 

A guy in my old work volunteered to organise the Christmas meal and booked a place in George Street.  It turned out later that he got a free meal for two for making a booking for twenty people and used this to take his wife out for Valentines Day.