Clyde Vs Elgin City

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when is the appeal for the four points lost?
even if confirmed Clyde should get 2nd with an excellent chance in the play-offs. Form team over last 15-20 games.
best of luck!
After Scotland game on Thu but soon im led to believe...

SFA got a chance to put this right,Decision completely OTT for OUR player

Any Clyde supporter that gives these b*****ds any cash if appeal not successful needs to have good look at themselves

1 minute ago, shawfield shed boy said:

After Scotland game on Thu but soon im led to believe...

SFA got a chance to put this right,Decision completely OTT for OUR player

Any Clyde supporter that gives these b*****ds any cash if appeal not successful needs to have good look at themselves

agree- sure there was a technical mistake but the punishment is absurd on any objective measure. Fingers crossed for a bit of justice. Should have been a £500 fine and a stern warning at most. The player concerned was a Clyde player after all- it was not like you fielded a Premiership player who might have  tilted the scales.

Either way really rooting for you to go up.

Comfortable second half; should have been another 2-3 but still we keep going. 

Thought Cuddihy was fantastic tonight, great season overall from him.  Lang and McNiff both a bit casual in the first half but Elgin has no end product at all.

Hard work all round tonight and thoroughly deserved 3 points.

Edit to add : Young Banks is going to be some player in a couple of years.

Won that one on quality alone; not tactics or clever team selection. Of course, it's three points so who cares that much.

We'll need to play much better to beat Annan on Saturday - especially in front of goal - which'll be difficult given we've just come off a midweek match. Ideally, Stewart returns at left-back and Lamont starts ahead of Boyle.

First game back in yonks for me. McNiff at left back... Reaction.

4 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Can we get our points back, pretty please?

Nah, make us replay the games please. 

I thought Elgin played really well in possession tonight; back to the Elgin sides of a few years ago but without Gunn (pen) to give a cutting edge. Omar and Cameron were very good playing off MacIver and getting in and around the box. Sadly for them, the quality of Morrison/Roberts and MacIver himself was lacking; they had a fair few chances but didn't test Currie much.

The first half we were far too open defensively, McNiff slow on the turn and Grant covering for people but not actually getting anywhere. We played some decent football at times, though the goal itself started with McNiff taking three backwards touches and about 40 yards to control the ball, before Elgin produced some classic Elgin defending to let Banks run at them before slipping in Boyle who finished well. The same player tried to control the ball when given a free shot at goal from a few yards out, whilst Goodwillie (who put his boots on the wrong way round) somehow managed to miss an open goal completely after a McNiff piledriver from 25 yards was parried.

The second half we tightened up to some extent; McStay in particular played a bit deeper and won a lot of the ball. I've no idea how we didn't score in the first 10 minutes of the half, we absolutely pummelled Elgin and Gourlay made some excellent saves. Rankin should have buried an easy chance but hit the post (did it clip Banks?). Had another chance when it looked like he should have shot but ended up playing in Goodwillie at too tight an angle. Finally did get the second goal during a quieter period with another corner that didn't clear the first man, and for all that Rumsby is claiming a touch, it looked a certain own goal for me. Elgin have got absolutely no chance of coming back from 2 down against this Clyde side so we saw things out easily enough and could probably have scored another one or two ourselves (if Goodwillie had finished the one that he hit at the near post it could've been goal of the season).

I thought Currie was excellent, dealt well with a couple of tough situations in the first half and handled well a few efforts in the second. Rumsby solid enough again. Lang finds it too easy at times and that catches him out but his ability stands out a mile. Cuddihy player of the year. McNiff; I can't believe we're enduring this. Grant good on the ball but uncharacteristically poor defensively, didn't track runners quite a few times. McStay 7/10. Banks so talented, but so raw at the same time. Boyle is a far better option than Love and he took his goal well; would've been involved in at least one other goal but for poor work by his team-mates. Rankin and Goodwillie some great touches but a bit off the pace tonight.

I shall never tire of routine wins.

Didn’t make tonight but another good win, pleasing to see the character of the team coming through after last weeks disappointment of the deduction and loss to Elgin to bounce back with 2 wins. 

Big game on Saturday now v Annan. 

Spfl decision to deduct points and fine us..

SFA that decide on appeal

If we lose appeal the national team getting my money or support can f**k off & I Hope they fail for every tournament
This has just made my morning.....Cheers!

Archived