Clyde Vs Elgin City

Clyde return to action this Tuesday night after a resurgent victory against Stirling Albion. Meanwhile Elgin will hope to fair better on their travels after losing 4-1 to Queens Park.

After listening to Danny's comments post game I wonder whether Syvertson will get a start, in place of Ally Love? Tom Lang is back from suspension so will he move into CB with Mcniff going to LB?

Last meeting between the two sides at Broadwood ended in a 4-1 home victory for Clyde. I forecast a similar scoreline with John Rankin and David Goodwillie netting.

Kind Regards

Edited by TheBigGuy

Agree with The Big Guy. I cannot see Elgin getting anything from this game and our defence will no doubt concede again though in fairness there is little defensive protection in front of them. Our record at Broadwood is woeful though we did win there last year I recall.

53 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

Also worth noting if we win tomorrow night and beat Edinburgh away we will (once again) leapfrog then in the league. Embarrassing given our points deduction and their dominance for the first 2/3 of the season

This has to be our target this season. Without such a target I think we risk sleepwalk towards the play-offs.  

Despite Danny's well placed rally call on the OS, I feel we, as a club, might be distracted.  Slow with previews of games and slow to upload reports, interviews and videos.  I also felt we got bullied by the SFA beaks on Saturday.  The pitch at ko was in perfect nick but we looked like we took their garbage and didn't get the greelight till 1.30 / 45.  Car park was quiet, semi regulars missing and the attendance felt lower with a kind of flat atmosphere.  Maybe my paranoia but we then got v little from the ref.

.  Slow with previews of games and slow to upload reports, interviews and videos.

This will be purely down to availability of the guy(s) that do the website and get the relevant stuff from wherever too.

It was us that wanted the match to go ahead. It was the local referee that accommodated this for us by not calling it off and leaving it for the match referee. Think all that got the match on should be applauded for it. Although Stirling probably don’t feel that way...

Also worth noting if we win tomorrow night and beat Edinburgh away we will (once again) leapfrog then in the league. Embarrassing given our points deduction and their dominance for the first 2/3 of the season
Also we need to beat Elgin first then an in-form Annan and Albion Rovers before going to Edinburgh.

52 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

This has to be our target this season. Without such a target I think we risk sleepwalk towards the play-offs.  

Despite Danny's well placed rally call on the OS, I feel we, as a club, might be distracted.  Slow with previews of games and slow to upload reports, interviews and videos.  I also felt we got bullied by the SFA beaks on Saturday.  The pitch at ko was in perfect nick but we looked like we took their garbage and didn't get the greelight till 1.30 / 45.  Car park was quiet, semi regulars missing and the attendance felt lower with a kind of flat atmosphere.  Maybe my paranoia but we then got v little from the ref.

Pitch was perfect because of the change in weather and the several helpers who helped clear the pitch after the tractor . 

I don't think much more could reasonably be expected from the media/website team; we've got a guy who's either still at uni or just graduated that provides live tweets from every single fixture (must be a pain in the arse having to dig your phone out as soon as the ball hits the back of the net) as well as some video content on Twitter, a couple of guys (one based abroad) who both regularly and in a timely manner create and upload content to the website, and a guy who films every game and generally has highlights available within 24 hours of kick-off. These folk all have jobs and lives like the rest of us who lap up and consume this content and they do this work completely off their own backs, often with very little in the way of thanks or recognition. In an ideal world, we would all have highlights and interviews rolled out as soon as possible, but when it comes to highlights especially there's a lot of work and time involved in uploading even the most basic of packages in HD. Personally, I think it's amazing that our video man gets stuff out so quickly, particularly if he goes out on a Saturday night like most do.

4 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

Hopefully with Lang back we’ll return to conceding very little, would like to see Syvertson start too and Boyle back on the pitch at some point. It’s just all about building momentum for the playoffs at this point

Would you keep Boyle next season, if Clyde go up?