Blair Henderson's goal tally

Leaving top strikers behind like Macalister, Sutherland and David Goodwillie. Is Henderson having the best sfl2 campaign in terms of goals scored?

I don't find Edinburgh the most pretty to watch. But 27 goals is a phenomenal record plus the rest in cups etc?

Still a wee bit to go to catch Kenny Deuchar's 38. What is more amazing about that total, is that he had only netted once by mid-September.

The deadliest dr since Harold shipman.

I really hated that gr£tna team, was pleasing seeing them get their dues eventually but can’t deny deuchar was some goal scorer.

I really hated that gr£tna team, was pleasing seeing them get their dues eventually but can’t deny deuchar was some goal scorer.

He’s actually my Dr. Haven’t really been in that often, mainly with the kids, but in his actual surgery he has loads of photos on the wall.

Like you, I hated everything about that Gretna team but there is no hiding my admiration for him, what he achieved in the lower leagues was frightening, and when you do go in, he comes across as a really nice, genuine guy.

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

He’s actually my Dr. Haven’t really been in that often, mainly with the kids, but in his actual surgery he has loads of photos on the wall.

It took me a few seconds to realise you were talking about Kenny Deuchar and not Harold Shipman here :lol:

QOTS and Annan could be in the same league next season
More likely.

The Clyde game was Edinburgh's biggest game since joining league 2, and they shat the bed.
I said before that game, if they failed to win it, they would more than likely still be in this division next year.
I stand by that.
Got a funny feeling it'll be a Clyde Annan final.

Without sounding way too Yellow Feet, maybe the hate for Henderson is a 'generational thing'. He's still only 24 and his goalscoring record has been impressive for about 4 seasons. Even when he was allegedly shite after leaving Berwick, he was netting double figures. In his entire career he averages 1 in every 2 games, and this season he's nearing a goal a game. It's an outrageous record and he'll surely get his chance at a higher level given his relative youth.

He's clearly not fashionable - some of our veteran supporters would often seethe because 'he doesn't work hard enough'. But if you're unhappy with a striker netting 20 goals in a season and your reason is because he doesn't 'run enough', I reckon you need to rethink your outlook on how football is now played. 

26 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Without sounding way too Yellow Feet, maybe the hate for Henderson is a 'generational thing'. He's still only 24 and his goalscoring record has been impressive for about 4 seasons. Even when he was allegedly shite after leaving Berwick, he was netting double figures. In his entire career he averages 1 in every 2 games, and this season he's nearing a goal a game. It's an outrageous record and he'll surely get his chance at a higher level given his relative youth.

He's clearly not fashionable - some of our veteran supporters would often seethe because 'he doesn't work hard enough'. But if you're unhappy with a striker netting 20 goals in a season and your reason is because he doesn't 'run enough', I reckon you need to rethink your outlook on how football is now played. 

Sounds like Kris Boyd about 10 to 12 years ago!

Great point and I totally agree but he gets right on your tits when he doesn’t get anywhere near 20 goals and still doesn’t ‘run enough’, as Stirling fans found out. However, some of the over the top fury that came out of grown men at the Forthbank Morrison’s End was ssooooo funny to watch, I loved him just for this alone [emoji23]

Is Henderson out of contract at the end of the season? As a Raith fan I would love to see him end up at Stark's Park, if we switch from full-time to a hybrid set-up as I believe he has a decent job outside of football? 35 goals in all competitions is hard to ignore...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived