The Quadruple

HibeeJibee

They might not face another "European side" in the Champions League. Having said that, I have a feeling Spurs will do them.

Have they not been drawn against Ajax or Juventus if they get though to the semis?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Have they not been drawn against Ajax or Juventus if they get though to the semis?

I completely missed that, but yes, it appears they have. I'm sure they started doing the semi-final draw separately a few years ago, but they've obviously gone back to the old way.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Rab, you and I both know this is Zenith Data territory, bar the FA cup.

Off-topic but Reading won then Full Members Cup in 1987-88 yet were unable to defend it as they got relegated to tier 3. Not sure if that's ever happened. Obviously it's not uncommon with teams getting promoted.

I have only a vague interest in who wins the English league, not really bothered about the FA or League Cup, and couldn't care less about the modern-day Champions League.

So...meh.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2019 at 22:10, HibeeJibee said:

With the League Cup in the bag, 1pt clear atop EPL and into FA Cup SF and CL QF, much talk of whether Manchester City can win a quadruple.

This was done by Celtic in 1966-67 (indeed with the Glasgow Cup it was a quintuple), and domestically in Northern Ireland and Malta when they had silly numbers of cups... but, setting aside Supercups, never yet in one of the modern-day top leagues.

Firstly - do people think they'll do it?

Secondly - does anyone know the closest a club has come to doing it before now?

It's possible in England, France and Portugal - and places like Germany and Spain have had League Cups in times past, while Italy and the Netherlands haven't.

How are City getting on in their quadruple chase?

On 17/03/2019 at 09:07, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think they'll manage it, they won't make the final in the CL for starters.

*smug face*

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:30, Busta Nut said:

I think calling it "The Quadruple" is a lot of shite. Not everyone in europe has a chance at 4 trophies. A quadruple would be better.

Tbf if other countries haven't League Cups that's their problem?