West Region Fixture Update for 23rd March

Kennie

13 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I'm a bit baffled as to why this game has been rescheduled on that date. There are no other Premiership games that evening, probably due to the lack of aforementioned devil's candles, however both teams have free dates later in the season.

In particular, it seems unfair to the other teams in the relegation battle as this game is only four days after our semi-final second leg which will be emotionally draining regardless of the outcome.

9 hours ago, Kennie said:

The first point I'd like to make is that the fixture only went live after consultation with both clubs.

Your point about it being unfair on other teams in a relegation battle seems to overlook the fact that playing it later in the season may be unfair to the teams in the battle for the title. For example, if Renfrew found that they were clear of relegation they would be in a position to play a weakened team giving Hurlford the advantage over their rivals for the top.

As far as I can see the first date this game could have been played otherwise was Wednesday 8 May,

that is unless Hurlford were happy to accept a Monday date,

which i'm sure you wouldn't have protested you were playing 4 games in 8 days and no-one else was being made to do that?!

My understanding is Renfrew offered the date, Kennie was consulted and Hurlford accepted it.

It suits us as it means our season will end on April 24 and we won't be left idle for at least two weeks before we might get this game played,

that might backfire on us but we'd rather be playing, given we've just gone the last 2 Saturdays without a scheduled game with the latest "postponement" of this fixture

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I can see the first date this game could have been played otherwise was Wednesday 8 May,
that is unless Hurlford were happy to accept a Monday date,
which i'm sure you wouldn't have protested you were playing 4 games in 8 days and no-one else was being made to do that?!
My understanding is Renfrew offered the date, Kennie was consulted and Hurlford accepted it.
It suits us as it means our season will end on April 24 and we won't be left idle for at least two weeks before we might get this game played,
that might backfire on us but we'd rather be playing, given we've just gone the last 2 Saturdays without a scheduled game with the latest "postponement" of this fixture
So Renfrew have 5 games to play but will be finished 3 weeks before us, and we only have 4 games to play.

Our last 4 games will take 56 days to play, with only the income from 1 midweek home game to support it. Far from ideal, as any club treasurer would tell you. Cumnock have a similar situation in that their last 2 league games are over a month apart.

I've previously stated that there are several things that Kennie has improved upon, but I think one mistake was not specifying dates for the West to be played at the start of the season, or even in December when that batch of fixtures was issued.

So Renfrew have 5 games to play but will be finished 3 weeks before us, and we only have 4 games to play.

Our last 4 games will take 56 days to play, with only the income from 1 midweek home game to support it. Far from ideal, as any club treasurer would tell you. Cumnock have a similar situation in that their last 2 league games are over a month apart.

I've previously stated that there are several things that Kennie has improved upon, but I think one mistake was not specifying dates for the West to be played at the start of the season, or even in December when that batch of fixtures was issued.

Jeezo wee nit picking kennie has done a marvellous job ,I was one of the biggest opponents of a 30 game league season, small mistakes have been made but ffs you can’t keep 63 teams happy, but if all we have to worry about is what you have said then for me it’s a roaring success. do you wanna go back to not knowing on a Monday who you are playing on a Saturday , playing more than half your league games in last 2 month of season, playing quarters semis and final of the west in the same week well I know what season I would rather have

Jeezo wee nit picking kennie has done a marvellous job ,I was one of the biggest opponents of a 30 game league season, small mistakes have been made but ffs you can’t keep 63 teams happy, but if all we have to worry about is what you have said then for me it’s a roaring success. do you wanna go back to not knowing on a Monday who you are playing on a Saturday , playing more than half your league games in last 2 month of season, playing quarters semis and final of the west in the same week well I know what season I would rather have
Has your team got to wait nearly 2 months to play their last four fixtures? We're not Man U that have a bottomless pit of money, we have to pay the players up to the last game of the season at least and the only home fixture is a midweek against Hurlford who with the greatest respect donttravel in their numbers. Nobody says Kennie has done a bad job but there has to be a better option than what we've just been given

You play 15 League Games at Home so if your budget is based on them (which its ludicrous if it is) then that's not Kennie's fault if you've spent the income from the other 14 and not budgeted properly.

Kennie has done well to bring fixtures forward when possible and is then getting grief cause teams are finishing earlier. Cannae win.

Has your team got to wait nearly 2 months to play their last four fixtures? We're not Man U that have a bottomless pit of money, we have to pay the players up to the last game of the season at least and the only home fixture is a midweek against Hurlford who with the greatest respect donttravel in their numbers. Nobody says Kennie has done a bad job but there has to be a better option than what we've just been given

My team a couple of seasons ago played medda at home on Halloween we played shettleston on the 23rd of April which is a week short of 6 month and in between those fixtures we had 1 home league game against Rob Roy who don’t as you say bring a big away support so lets go back to mr Robertson and his way of things
Ps after the shettleston game on 23rd we played 17 games from 25thApril to 14th June including 2 cup finals and losing another semi final so your 1 league game in 4 weeks is piddly compared to that also under the previous incumbent I remember Largs having to wait about 10 weeks to play there last league game

6 hours ago, Peasyman said:
7 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Up until Saturday your opponents were all involved in the West Of Scotland cup. I couldn’t give you Rob Roy this Saturday because Cumbernauld are at home. You can’t get Talbot or Hurlford on this Saturday either nor the following Saturday as they are both playing the Scottish Semis. Rob Roy play their West quarter-final on the 27th and on the 6th April Rob Roy have Pollok.

On 13th April Cumbernauld are at home again and both Hurlford and Talbot have fixtures that have been in place for some time. The 20th of April has the quarters of the West Cup. Rob Roy play the following week due to Cumbernauld being at home again. Hurlford have Renfrew, which again is an overdue fixture. Cambuslang are also playing pre-set fixtures and unfortunately they were meant to be your opponents on Sat 20th April, but , dammit, they went and won on Saturday so they now have a quarter final to play. I could go on, but as you can see, hopefully, it's sometimes factors outwith Petershill's circumstances that can affect how things happen. They have an artificial surface and that has it's advantages, but sometimes it leads to situations like this

Still a farce whoever you support, Largs the team hard done too.

Exactly
Having to wait to play there final 4 games boo hoo they should of won some cup games then
What happened to Largs was disgraceful and I’m so glad mr Robertson is nowhere near the fixtures now as it’s been a breath of fresh air and shows what could of been done years ago if the mafia hadn’t kept voting him in

Imagine anyone from Petershill passing judgement on anyone regarding fixtures, this is the club that refuse to play games citing that they can't get into their sports complex to grab a set of strips, the club that don't want to travel to Kilbirnie due to a set of guys wearing lycra in a street  bike race, the club that I've saw hound refs at grounds to get games called off just before kick off........... The club who clearly don't do irony :lol:

Archived