West Region Fixture Update for 23rd March

Kennie

4 minutes ago, Kennie said:

When the latest part of the fixture list was published it included all games till the end of the season for all clubs and all leagues. However, the clubs were informed at the time that they were all subject to change due to postponements and cup ties. What I did say though was that I would attempt to keep all changes to as few as possible.

Kennie if you believe I am unfairly criticising then apologies. The scheduling has been excellent this season and have never heard a complaint at any match whatsoever. Have always believed league is more important that cup ties and predicted that come end of season a scenario like this would occur. Can fully understand your position regards future scheduling of cup ties not even been drawn yet but clubs having to wait upwards of a month for a game is a tad too long. As a Ladeside fan I would be more open to getting games played asap so this bloody awful season can be ended lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

That leaves Kilbirnie without a game until April 13. Scheduling has been excellent this season but this is not good. Spent mega cash on playing surface to gets matches on now a months wages to pay without anything coming in.

I always had a plan for that situation. But I could not publish it until I had spoken with the Kilbirnie Secretary. Unfortunately that discussion didn't happen till after some people had posted their views on the subject. Kilbirnie now have a game on Saturday 30th March.

2 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Kennie if you believe I am unfairly criticising then apologies. The scheduling has been excellent this season and have never heard a complaint at any match whatsoever. Have always believed league is more important that cup ties and predicted that come end of season a scenario like this would occur. Can fully understand your position regards future scheduling of cup ties not even been drawn yet but clubs having to wait upwards of a month for a game is a tad too long. As a Ladeside fan I would be more open to getting games played asap so this bloody awful season can be ended lol

Not claiming it is unfair, unfortunately it was a bit premature, due to the fact that I hadn't been able to talk with your club secretary till later.

It is Scotland we live in and through the winter games will continue to fall to the weather. Don’t see Kennie or Marvo the Magician being able to prevent sides who played more games being idle late in the season. It will be frustrating when your club has no fixture for a couple of weeks when cup ties having to be played further complicates the situation.
Kennie doing well for me and has shown flexibility and a real desire to arrange / rearrange fixtures the best he can. Great that he is also willing to offer an explanation

9 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Mmmn okay doak. Proactive or reactive not bothered. Troon on 30th is a decent compromise lol

Mmmn okay doak. believe me or don't believe me not bothered. It isn't a compromise, it is a positive movement of a fixture. I know what went on as does your club secretary. lol 

16 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

Leaving clubs without a game for a month is something the previous incumbent would do and pretty sure Kennie is himself disappointed it's come to this. 

A couple of seasons ago when Largs were in relegation zone they had only one game against Talbot to be played. At the time Talbot were still  in with a chance of winning the league. This was when fixtures were arranged on a week to week basis. Largs went 58 days without a fixture. Nearly two months. This can happen to clubs due to postponements in winter. But this was in summer at the end of the season.

What should have been Largs biggest gate of the season turned out to be a poor gate because it was eventually played on a Monday night in June when Largs were relegated and Talbot could no longer win the league.  All the other clubs managed to catch up on their fixtures. Between Largs previous game and the end of the season, of the clubs Talbot played, Rob Roy and Glenafton played 7 games, Beith 5 games and Hurlford, Troon and Kilwinning all played 4 games.

Largs were being punished because their artificial surface meant no postponements. I can understand the other clubs being behind but Largs should not have ended up being the final game of the league season after being ahead in fixtures for so long.

I doubt Kennie will ever make a mess of things as bad as that.

22 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

There were no leagues in 1899. Not so long ago there were 7 cup competitions for Ayrshire clubs. Kilwinning almost won everything in 1999 and their fans were unsure what cup what round what midweek night they are playing who come the end of the season. ...the league was something you played on a blank cup weekend.  Junior is not youth or amateur it has to be more professional. League should always come before cups especially local variations.

I think football has evolved since then, sometimes we all wonder right enough lolol

As I said for the last 40 years that I can remember, the Scottish Cup and Regional cups (west, east, south, north etc...) always take precedence over the local domestic cups and the league in Youth football, Amateur Football, and Junior football, it's simply a fact. I never come on P&B to argue or windup, not my style, I'm just putting my point across and the details I've stated are normal and I believe this is best.  There may be quite a few who agree on your view and there may be a few who agree with what I'm saying.  I will say there are quite a few supporters in the junior ranks who think the west is meaningless or not as rewarding as it used to be but no matter those two cups take priority.

The fixture listing by the governing people for each association in any football level have a hard time and sometimes fortunate things happen to teams while it goes against others when a fixture is rearranged.

"League should always come before cups and especially local variations", that quote could be a post alone on here and I'm sure you will get many posting, some 'yes' and some 'no', interesting topic me thinks

I think football has evolved since then, sometimes we all wonder right enough lolol

As I said for the last 40 years that I can remember, the Scottish Cup and Regional cups (west, east, south, north etc...) always take precedence over the local domestic cups and the league in Youth football, Amateur Football, and Junior football, it's simply a fact. I never come on P&B to argue or windup, not my style, I'm just putting my point across and the details I've stated are normal and I believe this is best.  There may be quite a few who agree on your view and there may be a few who agree with what I'm saying.  I will say there are quite a few supporters in the junior ranks who think the west is meaningless or not as rewarding as it used to be but no matter those two cups take priority.
The fixture listing by the governing people for each association in any football level have a hard time and sometimes fortunate things happen to teams while it goes against others when a fixture is rearranged.
"League should always come before cups and especially local variations", that quote could be a post alone on here and I'm sure you will get many posting, some 'yes' and some 'no', interesting topic me thinks
The Scottish should be the only cup competition that supersedes the league campaign in my opinion. But I'm not the main man.

Archived