West Region Fixture Update for 23rd March

Kennie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chis said:

Wed 10 April - Clydebank v Talbot

That's NOT on the official WRSJFA fixtures webpage.

If so however, it just leaves 15th May for Bankies v Pollok .... unless other fixtures are moved, a day other than Saturday/Wednesday is used; or a date later than 22nd May (please, no!)

Dragging this back to the actual topic of games (that were) on the 23rd March.

I believe following a discussion between Kennie, Renfrew (and thanks to our plastic pitch and especially devils candles!) & Hurlford ,

that Renfrew v Hurlford is now scheduled for Wednesday 10 April 7.30KO

Dragging this back to the actual topic of games (that were) on the 23rd March.
I believe following a discussion between Kennie, Renfrew (and thanks to our plastic pitch and especially devils candles!) & Hurlford ,
that Renfrew v Hurlford is now scheduled for Wednesday 10 April 7.30KO
I'm a bit baffled as to why this game has been rescheduled on that date. There are no other Premiership games that evening, probably due to the lack of aforementioned devil's candles, however both teams have free dates later in the season.

In particular, it seems unfair to the other teams in the relegation battle as this game is only four days after our semi-final second leg which will be emotionally draining regardless of the outcome.

3 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I'm a bit baffled as to why this game has been rescheduled on that date. There are no other Premiership games that evening, probably due to the lack of aforementioned devil's candles, however both teams have free dates later in the season.

In particular, it seems unfair to the other teams in the relegation battle as this game is only four days after our semi-final second leg which will be emotionally draining regardless of the outcome.

The first point I'd like to make is that the fixture only went live after consultation with both clubs.

Your point about it being unfair on other teams in a relegation battle seems to overlook the fact that playing it later in the season may be unfair to the teams in the battle for the title. For example, if Renfrew found that they were clear of relegation they would be in a position to play a weakened team giving Hurlford the advantage over their rivals for the top.

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

The first point I'd like to make is that the fixture only went live after consultation with both clubs.

Your point about it being unfair on other teams in a relegation battle seems to overlook the fact that playing it later in the season may be unfair to the teams in the battle for the title. For example, if Renfrew found that they were clear of relegation they would be in a position to play a weakened team giving Hurlford the advantage over their rivals for the top.

Correct. Hurlford fan on own agenda. Typical! ;)

Correct. Hurlford fan on own agenda. Typical! [emoji6]

Yip, definitely got my own agenda as I'm on holiday that week and will miss the game. Interestingly, none of the other teams who have played less fixtures than Hurlford or Renfrew are scheduled for that evening, hence my query. Still maybe they were consulted and didn't fancy it.

Not really looking for an explanation Kennie, as you can't be expected to answer every clown who has a personal fixture query [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:
6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
Correct. Hurlford fan on own agenda. Typical! emoji6.png

Yip, definitely got my own agenda as I'm on holiday that week and will miss the game. Interestingly, none of the other teams who have played less fixtures than Hurlford or Renfrew are scheduled for that evening, hence my query. Still maybe they were consulted and didn't fancy it.

It's the 10th April, with a 7:30 PM KO. How many 'other teams who have played less fixtures' would be able to take a fixture?

41 minutes ago, Chis said:

Clydebank v Talbot on same date.

Secret fixture?

On Talbot & Bankies websites but not on the WRSJFA fixtures webpage.

Other clubs (e.g. Pollok) update their websites to match the above.

Why not these 2?

Or is the webpage WRONG? :wacko:

Archived