West Region Fixture Update for 23rd March

Kennie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Disagree with this.League games for next week should stand ahead of West cup.

Totally agree with you. Kenny has done a great job with the fixtures this season, but I can't see any reason to prioritise the WoS  cup next week. The Scottish Cup has always been prioritised in this way, but never the WoS . Big mistake, I feel. Kilbirnie's game at Troon next week was vital for both clubs, we already had a supporters bus booked etc. Massive let down to have to wait a month for it now.

I know this decision would upset some people, but I have my reasons for it.

A 30 game league season was always going to cause upsets along the way. I am fast running out of free Saturdays for many re-arranged fixtures. I need to advance this cup by a round to allow me to schedule other outstanding fixtures as most of them will have to become midweek games and I want to avoid sending clubs long distances on a Monday or Wednesday night.

I have already stated on here that I want to schedule these outstanding fixtures, but there is little point to that if I then have to postpone them to allow other games to take there place.

I appreciate Kilbirnie's problems and understand their frustration, but let me point out one thing in my defence. On Saturday 23rd Feb, Kilbirnie were down to play Troon, that game was postponed due to Troon's Cup Tie against Lochee United. 

Now instead of just laying off Kilbirnie, I brought forward their West Cup game against Carluke. Had I not done that then Kilbirnie would have been idle on 23rd Feb, but they would have had a game today, or maybe not, if it was postponed then they would have still been in the same boat as all the other clubs.

I know this decision would upset some people, but I have my reasons for it.
A 30 game league season was always going to cause upsets along the way. I am fast running out of free Saturdays for many re-arranged fixtures. I need to advance this cup by a round to allow me to schedule other outstanding fixtures as most of them will have to become midweek games and I want to avoid sending clubs long distances on a Monday or Wednesday night.
I have already stated on here that I want to schedule these outstanding fixtures, but there is little point to that if I then have to postpone them to allow other games to take there place.
I appreciate Kilbirnie's problems and understand their frustration, but let me point out one thing in my defence. On Saturday 23rd Feb, Kilbirnie were down to play Troon, that game was postponed due to Troon's Cup Tie against Lochee United. 
Now instead of just laying off Kilbirnie, I brought forward their West Cup game against Carluke. Had I not done that then Kilbirnie would have been idle on 23rd Feb, but they would have had a game today, or maybe not, if it was postponed then they would have still been in the same boat as all the other clubs.

I've been very supportive of most of what you have done this season, but have to pick you up on one thing. You post that you want to avoid sending teams on long midweek trips, but way back in December the first midweek match you scheduled for the Premiership (and the only one at that point) was Auchinleck v Petershill on May 1st.

Also like the Blasties guys, it's very frustrating that it now looks like we won't have a game until April 20th.

A past criticism in the past has been the the WoS Cup has not been given priority. Now that the Fixture Secretary is trying in some way to raise its profile the criticism still comes. Clubs and supporters have to realise they can't have it both ways.

Although it feels wrong to criticise the lad, this makes publishing a fixture list meaningless if it can just be swept aside a week before.

Its called inclement weather JB, unfortunately there are so many teams involved in various cup games that makes it crazy up organise.

Archived