Brechin v Mo

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

I'd give Ross Campbell the nod again tommorrow to be honest.Brechin have Toshney and Hill at the back two big physical players,I would play Campbell to ruffle them up like he has done last 2 games.

Quite agree. Not a game for Rennie to be starting as I think he would get knocked around. The lad is coming on but not totally street-wise at this level yet. If SP wants to win this game and I hope that's the plan then we should start the same 11 and especially the same midfield. After we are mathematically safe then make changes but remember the last 5 games are all against the top 4 + Airdrie who are trying to edge ahead of us.

Ross Campbell is as fit as anybody and his day job ensures that so he'll do another shift no problem.

What a f**king pathetic performance yet again. Four defeats against Montrose and we haven't deserved anything from them, what a complete and utter humiliation after near two decades of domination over them.

What the f**k was Pabs on tonight? Resembled nothing more than a pub league player. Many weren't far behind! Can't see us staying up to be honest. One step forward and two steps back.

What an excellent result.  Total dominance over Brechin.  Can't pick a MoM as the best 11 players (+subs) were all in white.

Worrying times for the neep kickers though as they are a far poorer team than both Stenny and Stranny.  I'd be sorry to see them relegated but it is on the cards.  It must be a decent bet that they will not score another goal this season.  

Barry Smith made some big mistakes tonight.   Orsi is not a centre forward .  Bringing McGeever in for Toshney was another.  The aimless punt again from the back .  No one playing off Jacko .  Ewan Smith being allowed to run about like a headless chicken.   No shape to our formation or play at all and nothing positive tactically coming from the dugout. 

Two or three attempts at goal at home is not good enough. 

Credit to Mo though.  They controlled the game completely . They kept a high line and passed the ball very confidently.  They obviously spotted the weakness at the back and for the second time against us scored an incredibly simple second goal with a floated ball in between our static centre backs.  That basically killed the game . 

The only thing we can cling on to now is the fact that Stranraer and Stenny seem to be in the same predicament  as us. :unsure:

Really good performance tonight and what a stroll in the park that was for Montrose,bossed Brechin all over the park.
The last goal was just superb what a move and finish from Redman one touch football at its best.I would go on about Brechin but their fans know how bad they were tonight.Hope you stay in the league,but if you play like that I do fear for you.

Just echoing what everyone else has said. Great performance tonight. Everyone put in a shift.

As for Brechin, I really fear for them. That's four wins we've had over them this season but tonights performance was pretty dire.
No passion, no leadership and no threat at all. 

I really hope Brechin stay up just for an easy away trip (and 12 easy points) but play like that and I don't hold much hope for them.

Can't say I'm always RC's biggest fan but his first half performance was spot on this eve, chasing down, harrying the back line and a very smart header for his second.
In fact there were some top performances all across the park this evening. Granted, the opposition were really not up to much today, but some of the first half play was excellent. This petered away a bit second half as the ref got card happy. Although that 3rd goal was great play between Steeves, Canto and Redman. The second yellow for McGeever allowed us to see out the final 15 as pretty much a training game. A very good performance and it looked like the folks from BBC Scotland's 'A View From The Terrace' were there so might be some additional footage kicking around on Friday night.

Can't say I'm always RC's biggest fan but his first half performance was spot on this eve, chasing down, harrying the back line and a very smart header for his second.
In fact there were some top performances all across the park this evening. Granted, the opposition were really not up to much today, but some of the first half play was excellent. This petered away a bit second half as the ref got card happy. Although that 3rd goal was great play between Steeves, Canto and Redman. The second yellow for McGeever allowed us to see out the final 15 as pretty much a training game. A very good performance and it looked like the folks from BBC Scotland's 'A View From The Terrace' were there so might be some additional footage kicking around on Friday night.

I believe it was a Brechin lassie that was with the film crew. So it will be a totally unbiased view of last night's 0-0 draw. [emoji16]

God we were p1sh.

Archived