Lochee United

Den Spark

Lochee United have released goalkeeper Mark (Tank) Stewart who has moved to North End. Seems a strange move just a few weeks short of a Scottish Junior Cup semi-final. Also allowed Lenny Ewing to return to his amateur club a while back. Is there another keeper lined up? Surely can't go into this crucial stage of the season with only one keeper?

Lochee United have released goalkeeper Mark (Tank) Stewart who has moved to North End. Seems a strange move just a few weeks short of a Scottish Junior Cup semi-final. Also allowed Lenny Ewing to return to his amateur club a while back. Is there another keeper lined up? Surely can't go into this crucial stage of the season with only one keeper?

Seems a bit weird especially as you say the semi game coming up. Fallout??

1 hour ago, Den Spark said:

I've seen it on their FB page this morning and I was wondering the same. Not sure who the reserve goalie would be now?

42 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Was this the keeper who played last year? Was a top notch performance in the second leg

He retired at the end of last season but resigned for the club last night until the end of this season

I was going to suggest that maybe they were trying to save some money on wages and start putting some money into some ground improvements, but then I realised its Lochee United.

What’s wrong with the ground like? Think it’s very decent actually

6 minutes ago, Ylf said:

What’s wrong with the ground like? Think it’s very decent actually

It is a very decent ground. As far as I know, floodlights are the only main thing needed for licensing (other than committing to the pyramid obviously).

Three sides of it are basically grass banking.

It’s a junior park. They have tried in the past for a small covered terrace on one of the sides but the locals didn’t want it for some reason. Changing rooms and hospitality but is first class.

Archived