Race for the top half...

Top half  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20190315_072856.thumb.jpg.1d6d4a749a840da43f879a394e64a871.jpg

Hibernian

Motherwell (h)

Livingston (a)

Kilmarnock (h)

Hearts (a)

Motherwell

Hibernian (a)

St Johnstone (h)

Aberdeen (a)

Rangers (h)

St Johnstone

St Mirren (h)

Motherwell (a)

Dundee (h)

Kilmarnock (a)

Livingston

Aberdeen (a)

Livingston (h)

Hamilton (h)

Celtic (a)

A feeling Hibs are just too far out of reach for Saints and Livingston, and that Motherwells last two fixtures might kill them.

Saints could win all four games, but we've not win in 9 now so it seems laughable to suggest that'll be happening. A win on Saturday with anything but Hibs beating Motherwell, and only 2 points off 6th again though.

Left Hearts out as they'll be too far ahead, but an Edinburgh derby to decide who finished top half would've been superb.

Ironically, if we win on Saturday, it probably makes St Johnstone favourites for it - if Hibs win, it's theirs I think....

Saturday is possibly our hardest fixture - our record at Pittodrie, McGhee night aside, is actually decent enough and obviously, anyone can take a point or three against Rangers :)

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

Needs a poll. I vote Motherwell. I don't think they'll end up far off 50 points before the split.

If Saints get 4 points, they'll be doing well in current form.

Poll added.

Motherwell, as they're not playing the juggernaut again*, and it's too much of a stretch for Livi.

*I realise this joke doesn't have quite the same effect given we've been shite for 2 months and can barely score, but just go with it.

Hibs - 47 points

Motherwell - 47 points

ST Johnstone - 44 points 

Livi - 43 points

Hibs through on GD

Based on

Hibs beating Killie and drawing with Hearts and Motherwell, losing at Livi

Motherwell drawing with Hibs, beating St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Losing against Sevco.

St Johnstone beating St Mirren and Dundee whilst losing against Motherwell and Kilmarnock

Livi beating Hamilton and Hibs and losing away to Aberdeen and Celtic

I don’t think 3 wins from 4 would be enough for us tbh. 

I think Hibs will win 2 of there games at least which will put them onto 48 and no one will get more than that. 

Couple big results went against us, Dundee at home when we should’ve had a penalty never got it and lost and then the St Mirren game which really should’ve finished 0-0 that’s 4 points dropped and has cost us the chance...but I’m delighted with our season regardless, an amazing achievement to even be talked about for top 6. 

20190315_072856.thumb.jpg.1d6d4a749a840da43f879a394e64a871.jpg
Hibernian
Motherwell (h)
Livingston (a)
Kilmarnock (h)
Hearts (a)
Motherwell
Hibernian (a)
St Johnstone (h)
Aberdeen (a)
Rangers (h)
St Johnstone
St Mirren (h)
Motherwell (a)
Dundee (h)
Kilmarnock (a)
Livingston
Aberdeen (a)
Livingston (h)
Hamilton (h)
Celtic (a)
Surely Livi will be able to take 3 points off themselves at home. That seems like an unfair advantage!

If Motherwell can win at Easter Road tomorrow, I'd fancy us to go on and take 6th spot. 

Any other result, I think Hibs will have just enough (effectively they are 3 points in front when you look at the goal difference).

Archived