Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Louis Litt

Christchurch Mosque Shootings

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

This what I and a lot of other people heard.

Well I linked to the interview so you can listen to it again and see that what he was saying was the opposite of what you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No he said it's wrong to equate Islamophobia to racism. I listened to it again and searched twitter while waiting for it to come up.

Basically the repeating the Melanie Phillips/ Douglas Murray right wing outrider pish.

You could tell he was going to say something racist as he started humming and hawwing as soon as the question was asked.

Edited by Detournement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky news have shown a picture of one the gunman. Looks like right lunatic/ very angry person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No he said it's wrong to equate Islamophobia to racism. I listened to it again and searched twitter while waiting for it to come up.

Basically the repeating the Melanie Phillips/ Douglas Murray right wing outrider pish.

You could tell he was going to say something racist as he started humming and hawwing as soon as the question was asked.

He was condemning Islamophobia and racism equally, just pointing out there's a ideological aspect to islamophobia which isn't always present in conventional racism. He didn't sound remotely right wing or racist.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticing multiple pied pipers to the lego eaters, Ben Shapiro and that, pleading not to read the 'Manifesto'... That ringpiece's name is probably in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out Facebook to see how many profile pics have been changed to NZ flags.

None apparently. There must be something different in this incident from the recent terrorist attacks in Belguim and France. Can't quite put my finger on it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He was condemning Islamophobia and racism equally, just pointing out there's a ideological aspect to islamophobia which isn't always present in conventional racism. He didn't sound remotely right wing or racist.

He specifically said it's wrong to equate Islamophobia with racism. Islamophobia is racism, there are no legitimate arguments against that.

As I have said he has Henry Jackson links,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The attack on the Linwood mosque was stopped when a "well-known local Muslim" returned fire at the shooter.  Not sure if he hit him.

Which mass shooters have been taken alive?  Breveik was arrested alive, I can't think of any others.

There's been quite a few. Breveik as you mention, Kip Kinkel, Martin Bryant, James Holmes off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sounds like we need more -isms. 

Everybody's talking about bagism, shagism, dragism, madism, tagism,

This-ism, that-ism, ism, ism, ism

All we are saying is give peace a chance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

New Zealand's a strange one in as much as humans only arrived there pretty late in the day and there was no indigenous population...the Polynesian migrants now known as the Maori only arrived there about 13 or 1400AD, so  it's not a case like the aborigines in Australia who have been there for tens of thousands of years. 

Yep, the Maoris are as much colonists as Europeans in NZ. The difference is that they only had to fight Moa, whereas we had to fight them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sounds like we need more -isms. 

 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Everybody's talking about bagism, shagism, dragism, madism, tagism,

This-ism, that-ism, ism, ism, ism

All we are saying is give peace a chance 

Jism 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:


There's mods here to keep us vaguely civil but

The red dot warriors are our spree shooters. It does show you though how folk can start reading stuff online and get sucked into very warped behaviour. 

Edited by Shandon Par
typo - accidental Americanism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He specifically said it's wrong to equate Islamophobia with racism. Islamophobia is racism, there are no legitimate arguments against that.

As I have said he has Henry Jackson links,

From the anti terrorist point of view you have to treat Islamophobia differently. Most racists when asked why they hate blacks will say they just do. Islamophobes are likely to come out with all sorts of shite on top of their standard racism, and are more likely to be getting their info from extremist sources. Describing Islamophobia from the counterterrorist perspective is not the same as an Islamophobe claiming not to be a racist because Islam isn't a race.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The red dot warriors are our spree shooters. It does show you though how folk can start reading stuff online and get sucked into very warped behavior. 

The thing that I find most morbidly interesting is that places like 4chan originally had more of an anti racist vibe but with folk saying outrageous things to be edgy. At some time an inflection point was passed where they started to really mean it, leading to guys being radicalised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:


The thing that I find most morbidly interesting is that places like 4chan originally had more of an anti racist vibe but with folk saying outrageous things to be edgy. At some time an inflection point was passed where they started to really mean it, leading to guys being radicalised.

I've never seen or heard anything by Alex Jones but listening to Jon Ronson talk about him it sounds like he just started as an inquisitive, anti-authoritarian with no racism or extremism. In some ways the internet has really just the replaced the right-wing tabloids. Certainty, ego and absolute belief in taking a black or white stance seems to be the way of internet debate too and it's not healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Yep, the Maoris are as much colonists as Europeans in NZ. The difference is that they only had to fight Moa, whereas we had to fight them. 

Did the Maori establish colonies? Who did they colonise?

There is a clear difference between natural patterns of human migration and industrial colonialism by imperial powers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...