Christchurch Mosque Shootings

Yes. Yes, I can.

You can if you want but people will continue to view these videos and more people will view them if it’s well documented that there is footage of the event that is accessible at the swipe of a phone screen sadly.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

You can if you want but people will continue to view these videos and more people will view them if it’s well documented that there is footage of the event that is accessible at the swipe of a phone screen sadly.

Oh, I'm not denying that. Put it in front of them, and there are people who will watch. "Ease of access" however, does not change that anyone who chooses, to watch footage of innocents being murdered is fucked up in the head.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

It’s one of the downsides to this crazy technological world of social media that we live in that some p***k can live steam himself gunning down innocent people with a machine gun. Maybe if the media didn’t report straight away that he had live streamed the event then less people would watch the footage. You can hardly blame people for viewing the video when there’s a big news story emerging and the sub headline being that the event was live streamed, people want to see things for themselves,

Bang on throbber.

After waking up being unaware of the horrific events that had happened and having a quick look on facebook, various video links were all over it.

Very disturbing that it was widely available for such a long time.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

You just like watching snuff movies, you've said so before. Don't blame it on the man, you'd have been swapping VHS for a teabagging back in the day.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

It’s one of the downsides to this crazy technological world of social media that we live in that some p***k can live steam himself gunning down innocent people with a machine gun. Maybe if the media didn’t report straight away that he had live streamed the event then less people would watch the footage. You can hardly blame people for viewing the video when there’s a big news story emerging and the sub headline being that the event was live streamed, people want to see things for themselves,

Sometimes people see things they don't want to see. Like when you DM them gifs of swinging cocks for no reason. 

Sometimes people see things they don't want to see. Like when you DM them gifs of swinging cocks for no reason. 

I much preferred this forum when you took your year long hiatus so please do f**k off again.

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

I much preferred this forum when you took your year long hiatus so please do f**k off again.

Charming. 

I'm sure those PMs were well received by their recipients and you're getting angry about nothing. 

Charming. 
I'm sure those PMs were well received by their recipients and you're getting angry about nothing. 

Resorting to personal digs against posters in threads about serious global issues. Classic Skidmarks.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
This one passed me by. Details, please.

There arent any really. I am just convimced that their constant squabbling is that of siblings or very close friends.

We'll keep it small for now. Only those who need to know, but lets just observe them for a while and compare notes. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Back on topic - I don’t believe that everyone who watches these sorts of videos is fucked in the head. There is a much wider problem with the way humans view one another that revolves largely around this era of smart phones /information and technology readily available at ones fingertips that has desensitised so many people to the point that watching a live streamed video of mass murder doesn’t put them up nor down.

All this technology is so new to mankind also, you couldn’t do this sort of thing even 10 years ago and it leaves so many people with a sense of detachment from reality. I’m old enough to remember a time without smartphones but f**k knows what goes on in the minds of your average 18 year olds who have seen these levels of interaction their entire lives.

Programme on BBC4 about people in the Philippines working as sensors for Facebook, viewing 25 thousand images and videos a day and having to decide whether they're ok or not. Everything from art to baby fucking and head chopping. How to drive someone insane, or maybe a dream job for throbber and dee man. 

Edited by welshbairn

A generic statement like "if you watch this video you are scum" is the mark of an utter moron tbf.

I have already said I watched wee bits and pieces of it. It was gruesome and harrowing but as I said already, with these incidents there is a degree of intrigue about how it played out, about what those poor people actually faced, how long did it all take etc. I have never WANTED to see someone killed. That is a horroble consequence of wanting to gain a better understanding of the way in which these incidents unfold. Nothing else can give you a true comprehension of the power of these weapons that the c**t used etc.

I hope I am explaining myself well enough here but I really dont give a f**k to explain myself to people who think that viewing this sort of thing in the full knowledge that it is horrible is somehow disrepectful of a glorification of the culprit.